Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 - what a cool year!

Megadrive 2019 - what a cool year!

Have you guys thought about how many cool new games and other stuff we're getting this year (some have already been released even)? See:

Cartridge releases
    *Project Halloweenville by Second Dimension. Really pretty platform game! Has come a long way in a short time and just keeps looking better!
    *Xeno Crisis by Bitmap Bureau. This arena shooter with graphics by pixel art legend Henk Nieborg will blow us all away!
    *Canon: Legend of the Gods by Piko. Taiwanese strategy-RPG similar to Shining Force CD with Chinese fantasy setting. A must for fans of the genre.
    *16-bit Rhythm Land by Columbus Circle. New game with music by Yuzo Koshiro. What else is there to say?
    *Vixen 357 by Super Fighter Team. Another strategy-RPG, this time in a mech setting. Awesome!
    *Mega Games Almanac by 1985 Alternativo. The first homebrew compilation with a ton of cool stuff on it, including a demo for Antarex, a shmup!
    *Jim Power by Piko. Finally we're getting this action platformer with music by Chris Hülsbeck!
    *Tänzer by mix256. Cool and original action platformer!
    *FX Unit Yuki by... I don't know, I can't see any company name on the site. Port of a PC Engine game based on a web comic. Full of charm and references to classic games!
    *Technoptimistic by Remute. The second OST cart on the Mega Drive!
    *World Cup 1985 by 1985 Alternativo/The Pixel Bastards

ROM releases:
    Headship MD and more
    Old Towers

Fan translations
    Panorama Cotton

Hardware releases
    Mega Drive Mini - it better not suck!
    Analogue Mega SG - with Ultracore included.
    Retro Bit's licensed 6 button controllers. Will they be as good as the original?

What have I missed?
    Last edited by Zebbe; 03-07-2019 at 06:02 PM.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Is it bad that I wish my channel was big enough to have retro devs and publishers send me physical review copies of their games?

It would make for a cheaper alternative than buying all Genesis games I want to buy this year.
    Please check out my YouTube channel

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker nitelich's Avatar

I've also made a reply to the list of new physical releases, trying to revitalize that thread a bit.

There's also FX Unit Yuki (delayed from late 2018), Technoptimistic (music album), and plenty of rumored things that might land this year (the first of the Z-Team games? Crypt of Dracula from Pixel Pusher? Kromasphere from Second Dimension?).

Would it be cheating to include I <3 Pizza's efforts? I think they're hoping to open in really early 2020...
    Managed memory, in my VDP? It's more likely than you think.
    Expand your ROM size with this one weird pointer dereference (Fonzie hates them).

Keeping the list of new physically released homebrew games up to date! ...And looking to buy a few I've missed.

No, it's not bad. But I hope the Paprium documentary will help your channel grow bigger so that eventually happens!

Quote Originally Posted by nitelich View Post
    I've also made a reply to the list of new physical releases, trying to revitalize that thread a bit.

There's also FX Unit Yuki (delayed from late 2018), Technoptimistic (music album), and plenty of rumored things that might land this year (the first of the Z-Team games? Crypt of Dracula from Pixel Pusher? Kromasphere from Second Dimension?).

Would it be cheating to include I <3 Pizza's efforts? I think they're hoping to open in really early 2020...
    Good job. I put your list in the OP of the thread I made.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    No, it's not bad. But I hope the Paprium documentary will help your channel grow bigger so that eventually happens!
    It helped, but I don't think my channel will ever be 'big'
    Please check out my YouTube channel

Wildside Expert

Yeah, these are exciting times! So many cool things to look forward to!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

What an awesome and exciting post. I had the OST cart preordered, but now I can't wait to pick up these others. Thanks for sharing all in one place. I'm going to check out your channel Stika right now.

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

*Jim Power by Piko. Finally we're getting this action platformer with music by Chris Hülsbeck!*

You mean as in....The entire OST and not ONE track that's been use for the whole bloody game since the rom was found??
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaze16 View Post
    *Jim Power by Piko. Finally we're getting this action platformer with music by Chris Hülsbeck!*

You mean as in....The entire OST and not ONE track that's been use for the whole bloody game since the rom was found??
    The full soundtrack =D.

Hardcore and Shinobi?

Any news about the Viking and the Ninja?
    Last edited by EPSYLON EAGLE; 03-06-2019 at 10:52 PM.

Hardcore was renamed Ultracore and is a run 'n' gun by DICE. Shinobi is a port of the arcade game by tryphon: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...hinobi-MD-port .

Progress goes nicely . I'm soon done with the graphics. A few fresh screenshots will be seen in St1ka's next video .

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

Mega Drive Mini coming out this year too. 3 weeks left till SEGA FES where they hopefully will let the cat out of the bag!

http://segafes.sega.jp/

You should include Old Towers on the list

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

Also World Cup 1985 by 1985 Alternativo/The Pixel Bastards is supposed to be coming this year:

https://twitter.com/Pocket_Lucho/sta...72220734758919

I've played FX Unit Yuki (PC Engine CD version) and it's a really nice game, I hope the porting job is good. Specially the music, which is really great on CD version.

Cool year indeed!

Thread Information