Quantcast

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Google Stadia: Onlive 2.0 (Official Thread)

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

It looks like a military base.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Is it the smartest move to post a pic of where you live on the internet? Not that anyone here would but I have seen people be able online to pinpoint exactly where someone lives with address with less.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It looks like a military base.
    Yes, we've even had multi UFO's sightings and a UFO landing LOL
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 11-03-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Is it the smartest move to post a pic of where you live on the internet? Not that anyone here would but I have seen people be able online to pinpoint exactly where someone lives with address with less.
    I've no idea in the USA but in the UK the more rural one lives the less of infrastructure one gets and usual that means poor mobile phone coverage and poor broadband speeds, there's an area about 20 miles from me, that is still on dial-up LOL

I live in a tiny village less than 2000 people and over 6 miles away from the nearest town centre

but amazingly thanks to a Government spend we've had our exchange upgraded to fibre and I think the plan is to roll it out across 98% of Rural Britain by 2021.

I would have thought the USA would have been well ahead of most of the word since the USA invented it and because the USA tends to lead the world for tech
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

The United States is huge. It would take decades to put fiber across all of the United States. Dallas has fiber to just about everything though. I recently did work at a mall that had no copper feeder cables coming into the main telco closet. It was 100% fiber from the street.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I've no idea in the USA but in the UK the more rural one lives the less of infrastructure one gets and usual that means poor mobile phone coverage and poor broadband speeds, there's an area about 20 miles from me, that is still on dial-up LOL

I live in a tiny village less than 2000 people and over 6 miles away from the nearest town centre

but amazingly thanks to a Government spend we've had our exchange upgraded to fibre and I think the plan is to roll it out across 98% of Rural Britain by 2021.

I would have thought the USA would have been well ahead of most of the word since the USA invented it and because the USA tends to lead the world for tech
    I have to admit the countyside looks beautiful.
    05/05/15

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

My city has fiber but only one IP provider offers it cheap and they have givin up on expanding. Google itself.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

The United States is huge. It would take decades to put fiber across all of the United States. Dallas has fiber to just about everything though. I recently did work at a mall that had no copper feeder cables coming into the main telco closet. It was 100% fiber from the street.
    YES the USA is huge, but given you've been the biggest economy in the world, given the world the internet and its a world leader in tech.
    I just expected the USA to be right up there for broadband and really surprised to see there in caps in data, given how most of the best deals in the UK give you unlimited broadband usage.
    The worst part about our fibre is its only FTTC and not FTTP for most of the UK
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I have to admit the countyside looks beautiful.
    Ta, Tbh I'm like the view's Joe gets in Denver, but we can't have it all
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    If that's your idea of a "very minimal setup" then I'd agree you're in the ideal demographic for this.
    Most people in their lounge have multiple box's ( Digital TV , game consoles etc ) i just have a tv and sound system all wall mounted . I have no stand for anything

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Also , despite getting this . I also have a Reasonable Gaming PC with a Rift S . Only game i play is Echo Combat ! haha

YES the USA is huge, but given you've been the biggest economy in the world, given the world the internet and its a world leader in tech.
    I just expected the USA to be right up there for broadband and really surprised to see there in caps in data, given how most of the best deals in the UK give you unlimited broadband usage.
    Thereís just a lot of areas where it doesnít make sense, from an economic standpoint, to invest in the fiber infrastructure to support a very small community. Hell, Iíve been in locations off of the main highways where I canít even get a signal, and Iím on the largest Cell carrier network in the country.

Hereís a good comparison. The UK has 65 million people in a landmass that isnít quit as large as the state of Texas, which only has 29 million people spread out over that larger land mass. It would take much less fiber backbone to service more people in the UK.
    Last edited by gamevet; 11-05-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Thereís just a lot of areas where it doesnít make sense, from an economic standpoint, to invest in the fiber infrastructure to support a very small community. Hell, Iíve been in locations off of the main highways where I canít even get a signal, and Iím on the largest Cell carrier network in the country.
    We have that in the UK; BT Openreach (upgrades and controls the UK's phone network) doesn't upgrade the exchange to fibre unless a few thousand people show/register interest and even then its up in the air. In rural area's like mine that's a huge issue.
    But the UK Gov a couple of years ago did a Billion quid subsidised to get rural areas onto Fibre. I would have thought similar things like that would happen in the USA
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

I think a large part of the issue here in the USA is that many communities are only served by one or two possible providers who have monopolies on the market - either the phone company or the cable TV company.
    These companies have worked to squeeze every last penny from customers. Data caps are one sure way to gouge users, go over your data and get hit with stiff overage charges.
    The UK and EU typically have much greater consumer protections. Americans get fucked by private business any chance possible.
    The limits in providing bandwidth have also served to slow adoption to new entertainment and communication means - thus prolonging the cable TV and phone company market dominance.

A billion quid wonít buy you much. The Stadium that the Dallas Cowboys play in was well over $2 billion. The US has a massive highway system that needs to be maintained, and a good portion of that is funded by the US government. Private businesses fund most of the communications infrastructure.

Thread Information