Quantcast

Thread: mega cd 1 play cd audio but no games

Wildside Expert

Default mega cd 1 play cd audio but no games

please help me. i was playing fine, lens is in 100% perfect condition, i use it with a jap not modded md2.
    but when i tried to put a mega drive 1 pal modded on it (that i discovered have bad switches and not boot cart games or boot loop the mega everdrive), i discovered that when i put again the md jap the mega cd read only cd audio, when i insert any game instead of displaying press start i see the access red led change from normal blinking to fast blinking, what does it mean? how i can fix it? IS NOT THE LENS!
    Last edited by Arnold101; 03-13-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Wildside Expert

hey too many replies.

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

I would start the investigation by cleaning the connectors in both MD's expansion ports, as well as the MCD2's pins. Then try re-seating the JP MD with the MCD2 and try to boot a game.

Are you using burnt CDRs or original discs?

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by OverDrone View Post
    I would start the investigation by cleaning the connectors in both MD's expansion ports, as well as the MCD2's pins. Then try re-seating the JP MD with the MCD2 and try to boot a game.

Are you using burnt CDRs or original discs?
    hi, original disc, i swapped out all pcb and drives and ribbon cables on my cpu board and the problem come from here, the error is still present. it's surely corrosion problem. it' a mcd1 jap.

close please i fixed it
    Last edited by Arnold101; 03-20-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold101 View Post
    hi, original disc, i swapped out all pcb and drives and ribbon cables on my cpu board and the problem come from here, the error is still present. it's surely corrosion problem. it' a mcd1 jap.

close please i fixed it
    Well how did you fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Thread Information