Quantcast

Thread: Marvel Super Heroes vs. SF Incompatibility with my Action Replay

Wildside Expert

Default Marvel Super Heroes vs. SF Incompatibility with my Action Replay

I have two Action Replay carts - one modded with Pseudo Saturn and one stock. When I boot up Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter with the stock AR, the game shows the "Capcom" splash screen, then advances to the copyright screen as it should. After this, it goes back to the Saturn main menu and says "disc is not compatible with this system" (or similar wording). If I use the AR that has Pseudo Saturn on it, it boots and plays just fine.

I've tried other Japanese discs, including other Capcom games that require the 4MB RAM cart and they all work fine when using the stock AR. Only MSH vs. SF won't work. I know it's reading the disc because I get the first two screens. Anyone else ever hear of this issue?

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I have the Action Replay 4M+. I didn't think that the game would even boot without the 4 Meg cart.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Wildside Expert

The Action Replay carts I have are the 4M+ type as well.

Are you booting a retail or backup?
    Does the Cart you have bypass region?
    If not perhaps you could rip it and alter the region
    to your region then reburn it....
    Worked for me.....

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Region bypass is what the PAR does.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Thread Information