Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Panzer Dragoon Saga Reproductions being sold on eBay for $11

Default Panzer Dragoon Saga Reproductions being sold on eBay for $11

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6272367...a-sega-saturn#

Its only a matter of time before reproductions get so good that you can't tell them apart from the real thing...especially on cart games. VGA grading, hardcore collectors and a feeding frenzy for classic games in the last ten years or so caused this.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

How is this guy making any money?

He's probably spent at least $5 on the discs and I wonder how much he's spent on the cases.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Wildside Expert

He is selling each part separately. $29 for the CD's, $22 for the manual. Only the case insert is $11.

I have a replica manual & back art for Burning Rangers that I bought from a guy on Ebay, and while it's very high quality, it's printed entirely on photo paper while originals are printed on card stock, with thinner paper used for the inner pages. Also, most Saturn manuals have a perforated registration card which is not replicated in the reprints. Still, I can see how reprints may fool people, and sellers may sell them as original knowingly or unknowingly.
    Last edited by redsox2013; 03-18-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent Gryson's Avatar

Yeah, thread title should be updated to $67.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

I thought CD roms don't work on a Saturn. How do you get them to work?

Life!? ... What console is that on?

There is a cheaper option on Etsy for nearly the same look and quality...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6700591...active_1&crt=1

the long boxes are a new option as they previously used different multi-CD cases that were shaped more like old DVD rental cases or something. Still, hard to argue with that price if you just want to play the game and don't have the means to pickup a Rhea or Phobe for your Saturn.

As for playing backups, that is easily done with modified Action Replay carts now though of course there are still physical mods available to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    I thought CD roms don't work on a Saturn. How do you get them to work?
    You have to have a modded Saturn.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Yeah, it makes me kind of nervous being in the market for expensive Saturn games, with these things floating around out there. Someone printed off a back cover for a Shinobi Legions that they sold to me for like $90 once as complete. I sent that shit straight back. So far, you can still tell in person if looking closely, but not so much in pictures with the artwork. The repro discs however, look like trash and are obvious. I really wish these people would be responsible enough to print "reproduction" somewhere on it.

WCPO Agent

I just don't see the point in repros, they will never look as good as the originals, and if you only want to "play the game" then you only need a 50 cent CDR, plus a screwdriver and a piece of tape to do the cd swap.

Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    I just don't see the point in repros, they will never look as good as the originals, and if you only want to "play the game" then you only need a 50 cent CDR, plus a screwdriver and a piece of tape to do the cd swap.
    I wouldn’t suggest doing that. You can get one of these for $50.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Pseudo...4383.l4275.c10

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post

Are they any good? Or let me ask is the save feature like the official Saturn backup cart or is it like the Action Replay which sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Shocker View Post
    Are they any good? Or let me ask is the save feature like the official Saturn backup cart or is it like the Action Replay which sucks.
    According to this article, you lose the save feature, but I'd only use it for playing burned games.

https://hackinformer.com/2017/04/10/...-backup-games/

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Shocker View Post
    What's the problem with the Action Replay?

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post

The Pseudo Saturn is overpriced and underperforming. Get a 25$ modchip, which will have 100% compatibility, won't depend on the whim of the cart slot connector functioning, and it keeps the cart slot free for any other expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    What's the problem with the Action Replay?
    Action Reply can't save in-games, only in its own menu. And a connection error at the wrong time can cause it to overwrite its own firmware, bricking the card. You can restore it with a firmware flasher, but you need to be able to run CDRs for that.

Angry Liberal Arts Major Hero of Algol Iron Lizard's Avatar

Amazing what people can get away with on Etsy. I make most of my money there and have had to remove listings for the smallest things, making a necklace out of Legos for example. It makes me a bit furious. I guess I just have bad luck.

Thread Information