Quantcast

Thread: Trying to get my LaserActive up and running

Wildside Expert

Sega CD Trying to get my LaserActive up and running

I'm hoping some of the brilliant folks in here can help.

I've got a LaserActive that won't currently run laserdiscs. I've got the issue where the disc engages but won't spin. I've tried the repair method where you place some washers under the bar across the top of the unit and it works insofar as I can now play LD movies, but now the pressure is so light that CD-ROMs just slip like crazy.

I think my solution is to replace the drive belt, but I haven't got a clue how to do that and haven't had much luck finding any instructions.

Separate to that I have two JP Sega PACs for the unit. Both of them have loads of color issues (everything looks really green for the most part). I assume that means they need to be recapped? LD movies play fine, but Genny cartridges all have this issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Wildside Expert

Actually a quick belt replacement and everything's working fine. Just gotta get these PACs to stop making all my games look green.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Yeah, as you discovered replacing the belts is the first step when troubleshooting, thankfully that fixed your issue!

But make sure you get those PACs recapped as soon as possible. I asked chop5 and thesteve from the old PCEFX forums to work on mine and they both did an amazing job. If you need some references I can probably send you a PM with emails, or if you join the LaserActive Lair group on Facebook then you can find Steve there.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Video Game Modder Outrunner segasonicfan's Avatar

I've done Laseractive repairs before. I have thorough docs on my website that may be helpful:
    https://segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro/repair-logs
    I wouldn't want to repair one right now though, shipping is just insane in the USA at the moment.

Wildside Expert

Thanks all.

I have a local guy who's been doing system repairs. He's willing to recap my PACs for me, so I think I'm good.

Thread Information