Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Genesis Mini

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    This pic is from yesterday
    I've been kind of out of the loop since the mini was announced. Damn you real life commitments!

Anyways, thanks SegataS! Judging from the picture, it doesn't look like it would take a standard cartridge. BUT WHO CARES! It's an officially licenced device from my favourite company (other than TOMY and Hasbro) and M2 are working on the games! So with that said, it's a day 1 purchase for me! Good move SEGA! Very good move!
    Last edited by SEGA.GENESIS1989; 03-30-2019 at 09:24 PM.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

What Sucks

Japan is getting 6 Buttons

While in the US, 2 3 Button Controllers, So no Street Fighter II SCE

Beat Em Ups Master of Shinobi cowboyscowboys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWarrior View Post
    What Sucks

Japan is getting 6 Buttons

Its pathetic and I wish the people with an online following would destroy Sega for this so they smarten up and change it before release. Don't need to repeat the same foolery from 1993 when they released the model 2 in Japan with a 6 button controller while the U.S. and Europe got nickel and dimed having to buy it separately.
    Women Asian Please
    Beat Em Up- Streets of Rage 2
    Platformer- Sonic 3 and Knuckles
    Run and Gun- Gunstar Heroes
    Adventure- Story of Thor
    Action- Shinobi 3

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWarrior View Post
    Smooth move Sega, glad to see you still have a few on payroll that make stupid ass decisions.

Wildside Expert

I'm pumped

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys View Post
    Its pathetic and I wish the people with an online following would destroy Sega for this so they smarten up and change it before release. Don't need to repeat the same foolery from 1993 when they released the model 2 in Japan with a 6 button controller while the U.S. and Europe got nickel and dimed having to buy it separately.
    Japan got the 6-button controller bundled with a model 2 right from day one? Because the other day I recall somebody from Japan being confused about a model 2 being shown bundled with a 6-button controller (eventually we corrected them as it turns out they did indeed swap the controllers at some point, but it doesn't seem to have been when model 2 launched).

Either way, the problem is that the games announced so far are playable with a 3-button controller (though Comix Zone is better with a 6-button one), so we'd have to see the rest of the lineup. But with 40 games, if there isn't any of the "big" fighting games (which pretty much all need a 6-button controller) thenů yeah, the decision taken doesn't look good either way.

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

Not bundling it with a 6 button probably has something to do with the Retrobit deal, since the controller ports are USB.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Centrale's Avatar

The re-creation of the console in miniature form is incredible. It even has the same number of vents on the left side.

I was watching the live stream of the Sega Fes event and they opened the expansion port. It looked like there was a small slot inside of it. Maybe an SD card slot? They didn't seem to say anything about it (it was in Japanese so I was quickly translating viewer comments in Google Translate). But I'm curious about it.

Personally I like the 3-button controllers and the Retrobit 6-button controllers are easy to get and very affordable, so I think all the bases are covered. I'm hoping the full list of games will have some heavy hitters in the shmups category. MUSHA would be wonderful.

Nameless One

While understanding the 6bc is more nostalgic in Japan and the 3bc is iconic in the West I think we can all agree that from an actual gamer point of view it isnt ideal, especially if you consider hacking it.

One theory no one mentioned is that it may be a "ploy" to get hardcore collectors to import the Japanese version as well and ending up paying for 2 consoles.

Because a lot of people have been calling it a ploy to get people to buy the Retrobit controllers instead :​P

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

Looks like the next Famitsu (April 18th issue) will print details on a special DX MD mini package that comes with a limited Edition Miniature Cartridge.

"Mega Drive Mini W DX Pack:
    From the recorded titles included in the Mega Drive mini, there will be a selected SEGA title that will have a mini-cartridge. It is a gem that reproduces the appearance of the cartridge into a miniature. In addition, there will be a specially made frame panel that can hold the mini-cartridge."

Has anyone thought of this angle regarding the 3 button: What if among the other 30 games are Ms. Pac-Man/Forgotten Worlds/(anything else that doesn't respond to a 6 button pad)?

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
    Has anyone thought of this angle regarding the 3 button: What if among the other 30 games are Ms. Pac-Man/Forgotten Worlds/(anything else that doesn't respond to a 6 button pad)?
    Isn't this thing emulation based with built-in roms and usb controllers?

For real hardware just hold down the Mode button before powering on your console.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Ninetailed Noob Raging in the Streets KitsuneNight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
    Smooth move Sega, glad to see you still have a few on payroll that make stupid ass decisions.
    wouldnt be sega otherwise
    Kitsune in a hat

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    Isn't this thing emulation based with built-in roms and usb controllers?

For real hardware just hold down the Mode button before powering on your console.
    Those games are usually still messed up when emulators are set to 6 button mode.

Thread Information