Quantcast

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hardcore rom has been dumped!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Pha's Avatar

Apart from its exclusive side, we don't even know if this game is really interesting to play for the majority of players.

Could it have been a decisive milestone in the history of gs/md games like Aladdin for example ?
    Because KEGA Fusion is anything but absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pha View Post
    Apart from its exclusive side, we don't even know if this game is really interesting to play for the majority of players.

Could it have been a decisive milestone in the history of gs/md games like Aladdin for example ?
    This game is amazing!
    Amazing GFX
    Amazing SFX
    Amazing Music
    Amazing Game Design &...
    Amazing that was finnally released!

We need a proper cartridge release of this one!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

Thinking about it.....THIS game should have been that bonus unreleased game for the Sega Genesis mini. Not a console that can take CARTRIDGES, pre-loaded to it.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LinkueiBR View Post
    Amazing Game Design
    A bit too early to tell, no?

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaze16 View Post
    Thinking about it.....THIS game should have been that bonus unreleased game for the Sega Genesis mini. Not a console that can take CARTRIDGES, pre-loaded to it.
    Very true, Nintendo really understood that you gotta give the fans something extra.. something special! and Starfox 2 was just the thing.
    Sega doesn't really have any hidden unreleased treasures like that I think, heh maybe the English version of Monster World IV but they already gave us that on the Wii years ago.

And I don't think Sega's smart enough to realize that Bare Knuckle III in English would also be a great little extra to have.
    What else is there? finished version of Sonic Crackers? I doubt they could even find the source code.
    Zero Tolerance 2? owned by Piko now.

If Sega had been smart they would have made a Sonic 4 for the mini, that would have been huge!

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Sega should have licensed Tetris and included the MD version.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Note that Hardcore (er, Ultracore) is now owned by Sony, who would really, really prefer if you bought a PS Classic instead.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    What else is there? finished version of Sonic Crackers? I doubt they could even find the source code.
    They already released that, it's called Knuckles' Chaotix :​P (though that said, the lack of 32X emulation on their end really sucks, at this point the only hope is probably for it to be remade much like was the case for Sonic CD)

As if Piko would miss the chance on this :​P I can't see either Zero Tolerance game making the cut though, I mean, I like Zero Tolerance but in general it isn't that fondly remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    Sega should have licensed Tetris and included the MD version.
    I mean, they licensed Tetris for Puyo Puyo Tetris, and there's a recent NES Tetris game that was officially licensed… (though The Tetris Company would probably bitch at how the older Tetris doesn't follow the current guidelines)

I suppose Sega is calling it a day with having twice as many games as the competition. Then again… we're still missing half the games, so you never know.

WCPO Agent

Very true, Nintendo really understood that you gotta give the fans something extra.. something special! and Starfox 2 was just the thing.
    Sega doesn't really have any hidden unreleased treasures like that I think, heh maybe the English version of Monster World IV but they already gave us that on the Wii years ago.

And I don't think Sega's smart enough to realize that Bare Knuckle III in English would also be a great little extra to have.

If Sega had been smart they would have made a Sonic 4 for the mini, that would have been huge!
    I'd be happy if they made a few new levels for Sonic 2 or S3+K, call it "Sonic Remix" or something. Level editors are freely available so no source code needed. Add a few new songs too, that would be perfect.

I also agree with Monster World IV, one of the best 16-bit platformers ever made, can't go wrong with that.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert StuOhQ's Avatar

This is actually pretty enjoyable on the SG - nothing too stellar though, TBH.

Retro Tech Select - YouTube channel covering throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."
    Newest Video: Top 12 GameCube Games Ever Made - Features, Episode 5

Master of Shinobi

Is anybody willing to do a review for the site?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    Over a long enough timeline every rom gets dumped. It just depends on how long you're willing to wait. I have a feeling that people are going to be fairly respectful and this one will take a while though.
    I don't see why it would "take awhile?" It's release would not affect sales of the SG, as people are buying that for it's hardware not software.

But there's another release of Ultracore for Sony systems coming in too.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    I don't see why it would "take awhile?" It's release would not affect sales of the SG, as people are buying that for it's hardware not software.
    Well if you think it'll get dumped soon then that's great, I may get to play Ultracore without having to wait much longer. Do you know somebody who's working on extracting the rom?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    Well if you think it'll get dumped soon then that's great, I may get to play Ultracore without having to wait much longer. Do you know somebody who's working on extracting the rom?
    No, my point is the ROM has little value to be held off-line at this time. They could be waiting to pair it with some type of physical release, no clue.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

PS4

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    No, my point is the ROM has little value to be held off-line at this time. They could be waiting to pair it with some type of physical release, no clue.

The game is already being released physically for the PS4 and Switch.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Thread Information