Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You're First Saturn Game

Ninetailed Noob Raging in the Streets KitsuneNight's Avatar

Default Your First Saturn Game

cause why not ?
    we have one for the megadrive

my saturn actually came with 6 games the pack in virtua fighter 1 and 5 other games: virtua fighter 2 nights virtua cop daytona and dark stalkers

the first game i played on the saturn however and the one that convinced me to actually buy the saturn in the first place was virtua fighter 2
    Last edited by KitsuneNight; 04-06-2019 at 03:12 PM.
    Kitsune in a hat

I am first Saturn game?

My Saturn came with Gex and Toshinden. I bought the console second hand, but I didn't buy any more Saturn games for a long time after that.
    Last edited by Mad Moham; 04-06-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Ninetailed Noob Raging in the Streets KitsuneNight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    I am first Saturn game?
    why yes !
    yes you are now go and saturn to the extreme !
    Kitsune in a hat

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

First one I ever played? Virtua Fighter 2 or Virtual On, around 1996 or the first half of 1997.

First one I ever owned? Dark Savior, but I never actually played it since I didn't own a Saturn at the time.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

I went to the store to buy a Panzer Dragoon bundle during the early launch, but they didn't have it or Paznzer Dragoon at all. So I bought a standard Saturn which came with VF and I bought Daytona USA at the same time. As soon as Panzer Dragoon came it I bought it next.

If it weren't for the early launch, I would have bought a 3DO and SSFIIT.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

Still have my launch Saturn with Virtua fighter 1. I kind of liked VF SS although it was a really sloppy port, graphically. It plays nicely though. First purchased game, X-Men COTA which i played the crap out for the following 9 months.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Panzer Dragoon. 6pack. Bug. Astal & Fighting Vipers. Got them within a month or so I think. I don't remember what I bought first.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

I can't even remember, Daytona I think.

Virtual Fighter. Which for me is still my fav version of the game in the series. I love the old Polygon look and the Saturn version sounded incredible, with the most bone crushing sound effects going.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I got Virtua Fighter with the early launch Saturn and I also picked up Daytona and Pebble Beach Golf.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

I wished myself a Saturn together with Virtual Hydlide for Christmas in those days because I loved Super Hydlide on the Mega Drive. No matter what most people may think I loved the game back then and still today.

Wildside Expert

I was at Toys R Us on the day of the early launch, not knowing it was launching early. Once I saw it, I had to buy it - came with Virtua Fighter and I bought Daytona. I never regretted choosing Saturn. I only bought a Playstation in 1998 when Saturn was discontinued and I needed new games to play.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

That's how I found out about the early launch. I was just wandering through the video game section and saw the Saturn behind the glass at the nearby Toys R' Us. I think there was a Sega rep there, because some young Asian woman said to me "You're buying a Saturn!" She put emphasis on the word Saturn.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Wing Arms. I was in high school and got a Saturn off eBay, and that was the game it came with.

Road Rasher

Mine came with 3 games. Daytona, Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Virtua Fighter 2. The first one i tried was Daytona and was blown away by how good it played. I didnt mind the graphical shortcommings i had read about in mags the past few months.

Thread Information