Quantcast

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gleylancer re-release by Columbus Circle

Opa-Opa Gleylancer re-release by Columbus Circle

https://twitter.com/ColumbusCircleC/...140335104?s=19

Too bad I already spent topgold on my original copy years ago .
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Nameless One

Any chance of a north American release of this?

Maybe Super Fighter Team has plans along those since they're localising Vixen 357.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Master of Shinobi

Well, I'd certainly be very interested, but it seems that this is one of the few non-adult games that Amazon Japan won't ship abroad. I assume that this is a publisher decision, and it makes it inconvenient and expensive.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent Gryson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silanda View Post
    Well, I'd certainly be very interested, but it seems that this is one of the few non-adult games that Amazon Japan won't ship abroad. I assume that this is a publisher decision, and it makes it inconvenient and expensive.
    Just use a service like https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/

It's possible that they only have the rights to sell it in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if Super Fighter Team or someone else licensed it as well.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

here is their trailer:

https://youtu.be/RDnxVxg2M6M

For what's worth it, 16-bit Rhythm Land had the same issue (i.e you couldn't purchase it outside Japan from Amazon). I had to point out to somebody how ridiculous this was because at about the same time Dengeki was releasing one of their Neptunia specials and those were available to be purchased from overseas in Amazon. And that's a physical magazine involved licensed material definitely made just for Japan.

So I'm going to guess that they're just trying to avoid doing any exporting by themselves. I was under the impression that Amazon would take care of that part, but… (・~・)

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

Maybe Play Asia will sell it like they do with 16-bit Rhythm Land?

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

I had NO idea Masaya was even still around but this is still great to see. I wish to many games that cost up the ass or had very limited release run to get re-releases. Some being Alien Soldier, Snow Brothers, Elminate Down, Slap Fight and Pulseman. Also, that one Zelda clone.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent Gryson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaze16 View Post
    I had NO idea Masaya was even still around but this is still great to see. I wish to many games that cost up the ass or had very limited release run to get re-releases. Some being Alien Soldier, Snow Brothers, Elminate Down, Slap Fight and Pulseman. Also, that one Zelda clone.
    Masaya isn't still around. Their properties are owned by Extreme Co., Ltd., who is licensing them out.

See the Vixen 357 thread, for example: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...fficial-Thread

Road Rasher

This is brilliant news! Hopefully Play Asia will take stock as they have with other Columbus Circle re-releases.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I don’t read moon language. 🙁
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Well. That came out of leftfield.

I prefer the O.G. box art over this new one, but I guess that's a pretty insignificant thing given this is actually happening. Hoping Playasia pick some of these up.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Awesome. The price is a bit steep to me at around 6500 but I think I'll still bite on it. Will probably wait until this weekend to order though.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

So this is licensed by whomever holds the license for Gleylancer but not licensed by Sega? I suppose it doesn't have to be licensed by Sega anymore; which is OK.
    Any indication of what to expect from of the quality of this physical release?

Thanks for sharing this nugget Zebbe!

Thread Information