Quantcast

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gleylancer re-release by Columbus Circle

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    So this is licensed by whomever holds the license for Gleylancer but not licensed by Sega? I suppose it doesn't have to be licensed by Sega anymore; which is OK.
    Any indication of what to expect from of the quality of this physical release?

Thanks for sharing this nugget Zebbe!
    I would imagine to be the same as the quality from the 16-bit Rhythm Land game released back in Feb. The cart and label seemed to be okay and clamshell and manual were excellent. But I don't have an easy way to take apart the cart without messing up the label since the screws are under neath the label unlike US/PAL style carts.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent Gryson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    I would imagine to be the same as the quality from the 16-bit Rhythm Land game released back in Feb. The cart and label seemed to be okay and clamshell and manual were excellent. But I don't have an easy way to take apart the cart without messing up the label since the screws are under neath the label unlike US/PAL style carts.
    Do you by any chance have any clamshells made by Custom Game Cases?

If so, how does the 16-bit Rhythm Land clamshell compare? Is the plastic durable? Is the cover protector textured or smooth?

I'm just curious about what's out there.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

Hey, those Custom Game Cases are any good compared to the original Mega Drive cases? I need some substitutes for my old games.

https://www.customgamecases.com/onli...ases-p55700247

Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    Hey, those Custom Game Cases are any good compared to the original Mega Drive cases? I need some substitutes for my old games.

https://www.customgamecases.com/onli...ases-p55700247
    There are a few subtle differences. You'll always be able to tell the custom case from an original Sega case but that being said I think they are amazing. I've bought a lot of them in my quest for hanging tabs.

They are perfect for anyone, except those who must have everything 100% original.

Tanglewood also using these same Custom Game Cases.

I second that. Great cases, especially considering the cost.

I believe Piko also uses those cases.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    There are a few subtle differences. You'll always be able to tell the custom case from an original Sega case but that being said I think they are amazing. I've bought a lot of them in my quest for hanging tabs.

They are perfect for anyone, except those who must have everything 100% original.

Tanglewood also using these same Custom Game Cases.
    Great! The Tanglewood case is good enough for me, so I might buy some.

Be aware that shipping always takes a while from them. And order a few extra because they sometimes get broken during shipping.

I've received damages cases from them before and they have always shipped me replacements. They've been very good about it.

I think they supply boxes to basically everybody lol (though in many cases people opt for their own labels, which is why print quality can be hit or miss regarding homebrew). Albeit not sure if Columbus Circle uses those due to the language barrier (then again, they might).

Custom Game Cases really needs a better site though. Seriously, it's one of the slowest sites I've run into and that's considering a lot of sites nowadays are bloated as heck 0_0

I just googled 16-bit Rhythm Land and it's definitely not a Custom Game Cases clamshell. Doesn't have a hangtab for one, and inside is also very different.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Chaos Fusion's Avatar

HOLY SHIT, to hell with spending $500+ on the original now. Play Asia has a page dedicated to it now and I'm going to be eyeing it regularly.
    https://www.play-asia.com/advanced-b...ncer/13/70cnmd

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Looks like it already sold out given the run of 2500 copies and scalpers are already asking like almost 12000 yen for it. Bleh. I should have bought it on Thursday when I saw it.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

eh play-asia still haven't opened their preorder I'll guess we will be OK.

I endorse this trend of latter day reprints.

So decided to check the Amazon pages to see what was the deal with that and huh, it says it ships to Argentina (which wasn't the case for 16-bit Rhythm Heaven). So I guess there goes the question about whether their license is limited to Japan or not.

On that note, there are two editions at different prices, so beware of that. Not sure what the second edition contains… it says wallpapers but surely it's more than that? Because there's 7841 yen of difference and I doubt the cost comes entirely from the wallpapers. Anybody know better?

Thread Information