Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe from Game Sack at end of AVGN

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Nah, I lol’d at Game Dave’s womanly scream. Everyone else besides those two sucked, though.

This episode really rubbed me the wrong way, btw. I took it very much as James still sees himself as the king of internet video game reviewers.
    I don't think he does. He's a more humble dude. AVGN I just don't think is his passion anymore but it gets the most views and pays the bills. His VHS rental store and reviews there he seems to be having much more fun. AVGN last couple years seems more phoned in. Mike, on the other hand, does think that way. Mike has always thought that and he thinks people care about Mike. 3-4 years ago he made some chart he posted on Twitter. Showing all the Youtubers AVGN "inspired" and his qualifications were anyone who sat in front of the camera and talked about games. Mike is one of those who thinks he is hot shit but he is just an I know a guy..guys.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

SITE SUPERVILLAIN Outrunner Vector's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Mike has always thought that and he thinks people care about Mike. 3-4 years ago he made some chart he posted on Twitter. Showing all the Youtubers AVGN "inspired" and his qualifications were anyone who sat in front of the camera and talked about games. Mike is one of those who thinks he is hot shit but he is just an I know a guy..guys.
    Correct. Then he brings his buddy Ryan on after he woke up from a night of eating paint chips from the wall with chicken nuggets, ancient alien hair and slurping week old milkshakes to sit there and drool about how Revenge of Shinobi "slucks its tloo hlard Nintendo good Slega bad". Meanwhile while Mikes yes man Ryan is struggling making Shinobi jump, Mike is erasing Cheetahman2 scandal comments off youtube off camera still and AVGN is busy banging his wife as these 2 idiots make AVGN view money by hosting a show once a month with pictures of James in thumbnail yet you get these 2 goofs in closet of basement of AVGN house. Accurate?
    Last edited by Vector; 05-19-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    My Feedback : http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...orman-feedback
    My Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAhCCdRxXo
    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Is this guy the new forum villain? LOL
    They called me Mr. Glass =)

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    LOL Who said it was? I still think Sega should still be respected after 20 years of not making hardware, but its not 2000 no more. Would you be saying this if AVGN was at the end of Game Sack? Game Sack must think he a king because Joe parody him many times...so idk, ask him. But from 2006 to 2014, yeah I would say nobody was better. But Joe did that because AVGN pioneered genre in 2006 on YT, while CGR pioneered it online. AVGN last video got 1.90 million more views than Game Sack last video so...theres a hint...guess he still king to Joe.
    Yeah... none of that came close to what I was actually saying.

I'm not sure what you are hoping to accomplish with this argument, I've made it pretty clear that this my personal perception of the ending sequence of that episode. I didn't like it. There is a genuine sense of community between almost all of the channels that were highlighted in that sequence, which James has never really made himself a part of. So it comes across as monstrously ingenuine & condescending when he takes a shotgun approach to acknowledging other channels, most of which are better than his regardless of the number of views they get. It's fantastic that you are still such a fan, but my own take is that there is a big difference between cameos & crossovers and a token, almost obligatory bone-throwing.

Am I reading too much into it? Probably. Joe himself would probably tell me to stop being such a petty asshole. But regardless of how you continue to see James, I do think he feels at least a small amount of ownership over all those other channels, especially when the overall point of that sequence was showing - symbolically - that he still has power over them.

SITE SUPERVILLAIN Outrunner Vector's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Yeah... none of that came close to what I was actually saying.
    Really?

I'm not sure what you are hoping to accomplish with this argument, I've made it pretty clear that this my personal perception of the ending sequence of that episode. I didn't like it. There is a genuine sense of community between almost all of the channels that were highlighted in that sequence, which James has never really made himself a part of. So it comes across as monstrously ingenuine & condescending when he takes a shotgun approach to acknowledging other channels, most of which are better than his regardless of the number of views they get. It's fantastic that you are still such a fan, but my own take is that there is a big difference between cameos & crossovers and a token, almost obligatory bone-throwing.
    I agree. I'm not a super avgn or great avgn fan actually, I'm just stating a fact. CGR and him were the pioneers. Not arguing, just talking with ya.

Am I reading too much into it? Probably. Joe himself would probably tell me to stop being such a petty asshole. But regardless of how you continue to see James, I do think he feels at least a small amount of ownership over all those other channels, especially when the overall point of that sequence was showing - symbolically - that he still has power over them.
    I agree with you. That is called an alpha move. Joe did willing take part in it though, so isn't he just symbolically admitting that avgn inspired him - in a way. Right?
    My Feedback : http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...orman-feedback
    My Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAhCCdRxXo
    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Is this guy the new forum villain? LOL
    They called me Mr. Glass =)

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Yes, I suppose you are right. As did the others, I guess.

What is the purpose of this thread exactly? None, so it's closed.

Thread Information