Quantcast

Thread: SeaQuest DSV

Puyo SeaQuest DSV

THQ's SeaQuest game tried to capture all the action of the show, and despite some neat visuals and deep gameplay, it kind of sailed under the radar (much like the show itself). The game is not bad at all, and those looking for a new action/strategy game to play might want to find a copy. Read our full review for more details.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Great review, you really delved into the details which I appreciate. For anyone interested in delving even a little deeper, this video review covers quite a bit, and I found it rather helpful when I tackled this game around 7-8 years ago. This game is similar to the Star Trek TNG game on the Genesis for anyone who is into that one.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Great to see a review for a game that's been languishing in obscurity, and that's gone without a review for so long. (It hasn't been beaten in the "Can Sega-16 Beat..." effort either.) I keep meaning to check it out, since I have the manual; maybe this'll prompt me to do so at last.

The only thing that throws me off is the use of "I" vs. "we". Was there a partner in your playthrough?

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Great to see a review for a game that's been languishing in obscurity, and that's gone without a review for so long. (It hasn't been beaten in the "Can Sega-16 Beat..." effort either.) I keep meaning to check it out, since I have the manual; maybe this'll prompt me to do so at last.

The only thing that throws me off is the use of "I" vs. "we". Was there a partner in your playthrough?
    ^Haha the review actually wasn't written quite like that, but Melf does his own final editing before posting it, so he made it sound very pluralistic lol.

I think the only plural part in the original is that sentence that says something like, "the music is more complex than we are used to hearing on our Genesis."

...which was referring to "we" as Genesis fans, in general.

The original review was also not so heavy on past-tense.

However the content isn't really affected by these quirks that got mixed into the review lol.

I'd be really curious to hear if anyone really got deep into this game... especially back in the Genesis' lifetime? That's probably pretty rare because I don't think most people ever knew about this game, in the 1st place...?

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

OK the review was revised and simplified, a bit. Should be more readable now.

I'd still love to hear from people who actually owned this game, during the 16-bit days, and especially those who really got into it. (...It's so hard for me to imagine most kids really getting into it.)

Thread Information