Quantcast

Thread: US jewel-like cases

Default US jewel-like cases

Japanese, US and PAL saturn cases don't look like..japanese ones are common looking, US ones are more massive and PAL one are a bix of US cases and 3do cases lol

I have noticed some US games got releases in both "big box" and jewel cases as well. I am thinking VIrtua Fighter 2, Virtua Cop mostly...how come??

Wildside Expert

I don't believe any U.S. games were sold at retail in small CD style cases. VF2, VF Remix, Virtua Cop, Daytona & Nights Into Dreams were released in small cases as pack-ins.

At least Saturn retail games were consistently in the same packaging. PS1 had Saturn style longboxes, ridged cardboard longboxes, cardboard longboxes with fake ridges, and CD style cases. I can't display all my PS1 games together because of the different types of packaging.
    Last edited by redsox2013; 04-14-2019 at 05:45 PM.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Virtua Fighter came in a CD case with the Satun. My free copy of VF Remix was shipped in a cardboard CD sleeve.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Speaking of Virtual Fighter Remix that was one of the few Pal Sega Saturn games that came in a Jewel case (well double Jewel case)
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Thread Information