Quantcast

Thread: I enjoyed Spider-Man

Default I enjoyed Spider-Man

For many years I either heard or read how terrible of a game Web of Fire is. I tried it out a bit ago and honestly didn't see what the big deal was. Sure, it's not perfect, but it's not this terrible experience I kept hearing for years. I played a few levels and was enjoying my time playing it. I would go as far as saying it's in my top 10 or so for the system, though my selection is very different from most top 32x games. To each their own.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legend77 View Post
    For many years I either heard or read how terrible of a game Web of Fire is. I tried it out a bit ago and honestly didn't see what the big deal was. Sure, it's not perfect, but it's not this terrible experience I kept hearing for years. I played a few levels and was enjoying my time playing it. I would go as far as saying it's in my top 10 or so for the system, though my selection is very different from most top 32x games. To each their own.
    I've played it for a while and I agree -- it's certainly not terrible. Not great, but not terrible.

I'd be curious about your top 32X games. I haven't formulated a top 10, but I know that Metal Head and Motocross are on it, and Blackthorne and Kolibri definitely aren't, which already puts me completely at odds with just about everyone.

To be honest, I haven't been able to narrow it down to 10! I get to around 15ish and wonder which games I could shave off for a top 10. WWF Raw is on the list...I really enjoy this game. I used to play these wrestling games a lot back in the day. Their simple formula was always fun to me.

I will have to just sit and play through the games someday and figure out what are my top 10. Will be difficult for me.

Web of Fire is in the top 10 most likely...and I'm sure that'll make people scratch their heads. NBA Jam is I'm the tops as well.

Outrunner

I'll have to try out Spider-Man again, I played it for a bit and thought it was OK but never got very far. I also need to play through the Pinocchio ROM that recently surfaced, never played it on SNES or MD so it will be new for me.

I think my list of favorite 32X titles would also be different from most. For example the port of MK2 is very good but I'm simply not a fan of the series, whereas I enjoyed 32X Doom even with all the flaws because it's still fun for me.

Video Game Modder Outrunner segasonicfan's Avatar

its all about the Sega CD game, Spiderman v.Kingpin. Its very similar to the first Spider-Man, like a remake from the same team only with more time, money, and resources to create something special. Its the best 16-bit Spidey imo.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

It's the only North American 32x game that I don't own. I had a chance to buy it for $60 back in 09 or so, and passed it up thinking that was too much, and that I'd find it cheaper. The only time I've come across a copy since was maybe 5-6 years ago when I saw a cart only for 200. Regrets, I've had a few....

Do you have TP??? Raging in the Streets Cornholio857's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    It's the only North American 32x game that I don't own. I had a chance to buy it for $60 back in 09 or so, and passed it up thinking that was too much, and that I'd find it cheaper. The only time I've come across a copy since was maybe 5-6 years ago when I saw a cart only for 200. Regrets, I've had a few....
    I have a similar experience. If I remember right, in 1995, Kmart was clearing out 32X inventory. I picked up Metal Head and Primal Rage for $20 each. They also had Spider-Man: Web of Fire for $30 (Two copies!). Only reason I didn't pick it up was because of reviews and word of mouth about how mediocre it was (though I stand by my choices, I like mechs/robots and enjoyed Primal Rage lol). If I only knew then, what I know now..........

Thread Information