Saturn If a Saturn Mini happened...

What would be your picks?

Mine would be:

First Party Exclusives:
    -Astal
    -Burning Rangers
    -Clockwork Knight
    -Clockwork Knight 2
    -Daytona USA (original, or Championship Circuit Edition)
    -Dragon Force
    -Fighters Megamix
    -Guardian Heroes
    -Legend of Oasis
    -Nights into Dreams (Christmas Nights would be an unlockable bonus)
    -Panzer Dragoon
    -Panzer Dragoon Zwei
    -Panzer Dragoon Saga
    -Shining Force III
    -Shinobi Legions
    -Sonic R
    -Three Dirty Dwarves

Considerable, but not as important (First Party):
    -Baku Baku Animal
    -Bug
    -Bug Too
    -Dark Savior
    -Enemy Zero
    -Magic Knight Rayearth
    -Shining Wisdom
    -Shining the Holy Ark
    -Sonic 3D Blast

Third Party Suggestions:
    -Albert Odyssey
    -Contra: Legacy of War
    -Darius Gaiden
    -Galactic Attack (Blazing Lasers)
    -Street Fighter Alpha 2

-They will obviously have to be the same as their US releases (or European, for our overseas friends) and their original Saturn version, so no remakes or ports like with Nights. Every system gets games familiar to its respective region. Don't expect anything too extraordinary like translations of obscure games that never came out over here.

-My list comes entirely from the US releases and not from Japan or Europe. Our friends in Europe may consider some interesting ones that only came out in their region such as Deep Fear.

-We know CD-ROM games required more storage than older cartridge systems. That's why NES and SNES mini had more games than PlayStation Classic. However, as a competitor to the PlayStation Classic, it would be understandable if Saturn Mini only had 20 or so games, too. I think the first-party list I drew up is the majority of the essentials based on current demand.

-Even though Bug was known as a Saturn game, I would gladly take any of the Clockwork Knights over it, but if they did choose to include a Bug game, it should be the superior sequel.

-If they chose third party licenses it would likely be Konami, Capcom, or in lesser instances, Taito. That's why I think Street Fighter Alpha 2 is an ideal pick for a third party addition, and Galactic Attack (Blazing Lasers in Japan) or Darius Gaiden would be ideal picks coming from Taito. Taito did contribute Bubble Bobble on the NES Mini.

-I would not like seeing Shining Force III or Saga substituted for Albert Odyssey. I know it's another sought after rarity, but it should not be preferred over the other two. People are more interested in SF3 and PDS anyway. Magic Knight Rayearth most likely would not make the cut because of licensing issues, but since Disney contributed to the Sega Genesis Mini, don't say it's impossible. I've also never played the Saturn Contra, but it could be possible because as I said, Konami is very involved with both Nintendo and Sega in issuing classic games these days.

-They'd be wasting their time if they included Virtua Fighter or Fighting Vipers separately. Megamix includes both and much more. They'd be saving themselves a lot of trouble if they just went for Megamix, but companies sometimes do silly things based on familiarity. They might just include each separately because 'that's how people remember it', which is understandable, but whatever. Just be aware of that. Likewise, games like Baku Baku Animal might be thrown in for 'diversity' just because they need some kind of puzzle game to even things out. We may even have to deal with the fact that Sonic 3D Blast would be included because it's a Sonic game even if it wasn't the best. They most likely would not include Jam. I think Sonic R is fine, as it was an original and I personally enjoy the game.

-I don't think games like House of the Dead, Saturn Bomberman, the Virtua Cops, or Virtual On should be considered due to peripheral issues. It's unlikely that Sega will bother to produce new versions of the accessories required to play/enjoy them just for the Mini if it ever happened.

-I would be furious if they ditched worthwhile exclusives and included multiplatform games that we've seen a hundred times like Tomb Raider, unless they have a darn good reason to do so. Street Fighter Alpha 2 is an exception because it wasn't on the PS Classic and was best on Saturn.

Going on the Playstaion Classic here's my 20 games I like to see

1) SOUKY

2) Panzer Dragoon

3) Panzer Dragoon Zwei

4) Panzer Dragoon Saga

5) Radiant Silvergun

6) Sega Rally

7) Virtua Cop 2

8 Fighters Megamix

9) Exhumed/Powerslave

10) Grandia

11) Decatlete

12) ClockworkKnight 2

13) Die Hard Arcade

14) Astal

15) NiGHTS

16) GunGriffon

17) Dark Saviour

18) Iron Storm

19 Enemy Zero

20 Burning Rangers
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 04-27-2019 at 06:23 AM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    7) Virtual Cop 2
    Andromeda..

Master of Shinobi

It won't happen, and they'll most likely put Virtua Fighter Remix, Sega Rally, Panzer Dragoon and Virtua Cop in there. Or some similar, fast, first party titles where there isn't a month worth of gameplay to test, nor any questions about the game rights (so no Dragon Force, no Shining Force, and no Nights or Burning Rangers because it's Yuji Naka's baby and he'll throw a bitch fit).
    They won't put in VF2, Panzer 2, Virtua Cop 2, etc, because they'll be saving it up for the second release, which won't ever come due to bad sales (the bad sales being caused by them putting shit games on it).

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Andromeda..
    Corrected the mistake and I love to see in on Saturn mini. Sure they'll be no light gun, but it plays well enough with the analogue pad and really shows off some great Saturn 3D graphics
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Imagine if they actually went all the way and included one of those new LED lightguns with it, and then have both Virtua Cop games and House of the Dead on it.
    In which case my pick would be. (20 games like the PSX Classic with 2 hidden ones)

Virtua Fighter
    Virtua Fighter 2
    Virtua Cop
    Virtua Cop 2
    Daytona USA: Championship Circuit Edition
    Sega Rally
    Bug
    Bug Too
    Clockwork Knight
    Clockwork Knight 2
    The Legend of Oasis
    Golden Axe: The Duel
    Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (play it once and unlock Mortal Kombat Trilogy)
    Street Fighter Alpha 2
    The House of the Dead
    Nights into Dreams (play it once and unlock Christmas Nights)
    Sonic Jam (gotta have the original Sonic trilogy on there)
    Sonic R
    Symphony of the Night (properly translated as that little extra to lure people in)
    Shining Force 3 (all of them properly translated as that little extra to lure people in)

Imagine if they actually went all the way and included one of those new LED lightguns with it, and then have both Virtua Cop games and House of the Dead on it.
    In which case my pick would be. (20 games like the PSX Classic with 2 hidden ones)
    That be nice, but it never happen. If we inlcued 2 bonus games my would be...

Bug II
    Steep Slope Sliders
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Every single exclusive. I'm serious. They are never re-releasing 99% of them anywhere else anyway. So They literally release a mini with all of them. Not every Saturn game of course but every Saturn exclusive. 1st or 3rd party. So we go from the obvious choices like Panzer Dragoon, Burning Rangers and Guardian Heroes to lesser known like Astal, Assault Suit Leynos 2 and Bulk Slash. I know it's not realistic. It's just what I truly would want. If it just has 20 games I have any way I'm just not interested in these mini consoles.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Eazy's Avatar

^ this entirely. And X men vs Street fighter. Hyper duel, and definitely high quality fighters and shooters to go along with those. Emphasize the saturns strengths with love and those two genres for sure.

X Men woukd never happen thanks to Marvel. Hyper Duel is a great shout mind, or you could have Batsugun or Guardian Force; both great, but sadly overlooked Saturn shooters
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Saturn

Symphony of the Night (properly translated as that little extra to lure people in)
    Still would be an awful port of a game available "everywhere." :/

This is basically a 20 US game dream list, right? I don't see Sega springing for translations at this point.

01) Daytona USA
    02) Virtua Fighter 2
    03) Sega Rally Championship (Netlink version ideally, especially if Sega could get that to work as regular new Internet play now)
    04) Saturn Bomberman
    05) Panzer Dragoon II Zwei
    06) Panzer Dragoon Saga
    07) Dragon Force
    08) Virtua Cop 2
    09) House of the Dead
    10) Sonic Jam
    11) Nights into dreams
    12) Burning Rangers
    13) Legend of Oasis
    14) Astal
    15) Shining Force 3
    16) Guardian Heroes
    17) Powerslave
    18) Fighters Megamix
    19) Darius Gaiden
    20) Diehard Arcade
    Last edited by Benjamin; 05-05-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Id knock Contra: Legacy of War off the list and replace it with Night Warriors. Id also toss in Puyo Puyo Sun/Tsu, Megaman X4, and PowerSlave. Maybe also Scud the Disposable Assassin, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, and... for the first time ever... SONIC X-TREME!

Maybe we need a Sega CD32X Classic first?
    I demand a Blaze spinoff!

Me blog

Hope Exists

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

They'd better include Saturn Bomberman and support for enough controllers! Assuming they're wireless ones, it shouldn't be much of a problem.
    Also, Sega Rally as well as Three Dirty Dwarves - other than that, just surprise me.

Not to sound like a jerkoff or anything but we can't even get a Saturn compilation pack on any system. And they would do the Master System or Dreamcast before the Satur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

Hyper Duel.
    Sengoku Blade.

Thread Information