Quantcast

Thread: Looking for Physical Copies of Homebrew

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker nitelich's Avatar

Default Looking for Physical Copies of Homebrew

I got into the homebrew scene after 1985 Alternativo's web store disappeared. And now you can only order games when the announce them via their e-mail, which has not been working out well for me. While I have been able to grab a few of their oldest and newest games from places like eBay, I'm missing a few in the middle, including:
    • Mega Cheril Perils
    • Mega Mindtris
    • Griel's Quest

There are also a few off-beat (?) homebrew games I'm looking for, including:
    • Kabuto Factory's "Zombi Terror"
    • Gemintronic's "Space Foxes"
    • TH3 D34D's "Future 2612"
    • Freezedream's "Today" (added after post was initially created)

If you're willing to part with any of these, let me know what you want for it via PM. As much as I love paying top gold to people who flip games on eBay, I'd rather pay top gold (or possibly even trade?) to someone here who cares about the homebrew scene!
    Last edited by nitelich; 05-20-2019 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Adding Freezedream's Today.
    Managed memory, in my VDP? It's more likely than you think.
    Expand your ROM size with this one weird pointer dereference (Fonzie hates them).

Keeping the list of new physically released homebrew games up to date!

Gemintronics Space Foxes was limited to 25 units and were given away on a TV show. It wasn't possible for me to grab a copy and even Gemintronic couldn't help as he made them but only on order for the show and not to sell them themselves.
    Kabuto Factory announced their return some months ago. Try contacting them. They might have a copy of Zombi Terror left if you are lucky.

Other rare hombrews were Germ Squasher, T*Gun2, Humiliation Nation, War in the machine, Quadro Pong and Blow out. Do you have these?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker nitelich's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Gemintronics Space Foxes was limited to 25 units and were given away on a TV show. It wasn't possible for me to grab a copy and even Gemintronic couldn't help as he made them but only on order for the show and not to sell them themselves.
    Kabuto Factory announced their return some months ago. Try contacting them. They might have a copy of Zombi Terror left if you are lucky.
    Holy crap, 25 copies?! I asked Gemintronic about it, but I didn't realize it was that limited. I saw one on eBay before I really got into homebrew games - what a lost opportunity! I did message the TV show team (Electric Tapes), and it sounds like they've been planning a reunion for a few months...

I tried contacting Kabuto Factory after they announced their return... No luck there.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Other rare hombrews were Germ Squasher, T*Gun2, Humiliation Nation, War in the machine, Quadro Pong and Blow out. Do you have these?
    I have all of these - I think I actually got the last copy of a few of the Good Deal Games ones. I started keeping a list of homebrew games about a year and a half ago (the one now linked in my signature), and after that year and a half of collecting, the games I listed in the OP are the only ones I haven't managed to find.

I only recently found a copy of Blow 'Em Out. I had actually messaged Second Dimension a few times about it, and they keep saying that they're "just about to" release it under their branding.
    Last edited by nitelich; 05-17-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    Managed memory, in my VDP? It's more likely than you think.
    Expand your ROM size with this one weird pointer dereference (Fonzie hates them).

Keeping the list of new physically released homebrew games up to date!

Thread Information