Quantcast

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Panzer Dragoon Remake. Releases this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Fine, if only people like you said the same about the matters like the Sonic Movie. A film no one has seen yet, but been panned on this board; no one ready to give the film any sort of chance and people expressing their hate on the new look and yet this is meant to be a SEGA board, Sonic SEGA's star IP no less. Not many here even talk up Sonic 3D games, much less the Sonic Team themself's . Many here look to vilify SEGA Japan, continually... repeat it over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over.

Play the game and be a little fair
    People are actually a bit more hopeful about the Sonic movie since there was a huge amount of push back because of the bad character design. I'm happy they listened to people and are now delaying the film to fix it.
    05/05/15

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Outta reps. I spend em when I got em and don't have them when I need them.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    People are actually a bit more hopeful about the Sonic movie since there was a huge amount of push back because of the bad character design. I'm happy they listened to people and are now delaying the film to fix it.
    Sure. Since a character design is something "easy" to fix, but a bad idea, as let's do a Sonic movie, IMO, is not that easy.

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

It's ok to knock Sonic and the film, which no one ever saw and just base all the negativity on the look of the film and yet one can't call out the remake of Panzer, based just on its looks. When was the time people even talked up a Sonic 3D game, much less the developer Sonic Team? Not many people even talk up this generation of gaming, much less the evil SEGA Japan; that leveil SOJ who looked to do horrible stuff to SOA and bring them down because they can't take the Mega Drive selling better in the USA..

. Don't hit just me with all these negative gaming posts, when being negative, seems part and parcel of the generation and like night follows day, the next Sonic game to be shown off, by the Sonic Team will be panned
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

It's not as good but still really fun. Is anyone here a fan of Omega Boost on PlayStation? I realize I might like it more than some since I love mecha in my games.

WCPO Agent

People are hopeful about that movie not because Sonic, but because it has Jim Carrey at his prime acting as Robotnik.

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    It's not as good but still really fun. Is anyone here a fan of Omega Boost on PlayStation? I realize I might like it more than some since I love mecha in my games.
    Omega Boost is one of those games, coming out at the end of a console generation, that looks like something from a next generation console.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Virtua Hunter's Avatar

If Panzer Dragoon Remake is an insult to the original (we are in the mobile game quality territory), the Zwei remake will be a real crime

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua Hunter View Post
    If Panzer Dragoon Remake is an insult to the original (we are in the mobile game quality territory), the Zwei remake will be a real crime
    FFS it's not an insult. Don't be TA. We don't need another TA

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

So true. Still, at least they can't insult Saga
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Virtua Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    FFS it's not an insult. Don't be TA. We don't need another TA
    TA?

In any case I think that remake is possible the worst thing ever happened to the Panzer Dragoon franchise.
    I struggle to find anything good in that trailer, not just for the art style that is the most generic and souless intepretation of a classic, but even the "janky" movement of the dragon (something that nowadays you can find only in some poor smartphones games) that made me think the gameplay will be just as bad as the art, the stiff model of the blue dragon (how can a 1995 game have more complex animations than a 2019 game made with all Unreal and all modern software automation? ) etc.
    You could write an essay.
    Even the sound effects are totally wrong...

And these people will remake even a more complex game like Zwei, one of the best game ever made, that I think even Sega would struggle to remake, how can we stop them?

Yup another TA. Shame.

Master of Shinobi

TA?

In any case I think that remake is possible the worst thing ever happened to the Panzer Dragoon franchise.
    I struggle to find anything good in that trailer, not just for the art style that is the most generic and souless intepretation of a classic, (...)
    You could write an essay.
    Even the sound effects are totally wrong...

And these people will remake even a more complex game like Zwei, one of the best game ever made, that I think even Sega would struggle to remake, how can we stop them?
    I agree. Particularly about the sound effects. Audio was a significant factor of the games' atmosphere and was intended to showcase the sound hardware of the Saturn. The SFX are a signature characteristic of the franchise. That these developers dont recognize this speaks volumes. The sfx in this remake trailer are horrendous in comparison to the original.

Thread Information