Quantcast

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Panzer Dragoon Remake. Releases this year.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Virtua Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    I dare you to try implementing the controls and physics from scratch with no access to the source code (not even disassemblies) and see how much effort it takes to get it right. Even spotting out why tiny details are wrong can be hard and your guesses will be wildly off (case in point: Sonic fangames never had good physics until the whole physics algorithm from the original was reverse engineered, which by the way are now documented as the Sonic Physics Guide).

That saidÖ what the hell is with that input lag, I wonder how much of the control issues is just a result of overshooting because of the lag. Sometimes you can even see the aim going in the opposite direction than the stick o_O
    That's the point, I complained since the first trailer because I know it's a master work to rebuild the entire game from scratch without making a mess. The common sense would be to use the source code or in case it's lost, reverse engineer the original game. If even this is not possible just change game, there are many others games that are easier to approach for a remake, why choose one of the most difficult for your first project?

Even with the source code it would be an heavy work also for Sega, for amateur programmers that has problems even with basic tasks (input lag, seriously?) this is just an impossible job, and it this game sill suck and fails it will be the end of the series, no more Panzer Dragoon in future.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

lol panicking at something still in development. You talk "amateur" yet you don't realize playable builds are months old. Should they show off something in such a state? No. However, just remember how badly SEGA handled Sonic Boom. SEGA prob demanded a playable demo regardless. So before you throw words out like "amateur" I feel you are one step away saying "lazy devs". Curious how many games have you coded and released? I mean my god Daemon X Machina just back in March had a demo with horrid frame rate and gameplay issues. Now just a few short months later the game is smooth and fixed those issues and it plays like an Armored Core fans wet dream. I remember people throwing a fit over a trailer for The Wonderful 101 at an NPC that was esp low poly looking. A few months later the game releases and the NPC is fixed. And hey what do you know since playable demos are a few months old builds and we have a few more months to go before release. Still too early to panic.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

The game is canceled

......NAH!

It's also coming to Steam so for those who hate the visuals or sound effects. Worry no more fam. PC mods can change that.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ragoon_Remake/

We recently had a chance to get a few of our questions about the Panzer Dragoon: Remake answered by the gameís producer Benjamin Anseaume of TA Publishing! Our thanks to him for answering the questions and to Monika & Kamila from the Forever Entertainment PR team for arranging the interview! You can find our questions and Benjaminís answers below!

1) Can you tell us a bit more about how TA publishing, Forever Entertainment and MegaPixel Studio ended up working together on the Panzer Dragoon: Remake?

Forever Entertainment is a Polish publisher, based in Gdansk and it is in the process of becoming a group. Currently the company holds 3 other companies, including TA Publishing (producing company - based in France) and Megapixel (development studio - based in Poland). The group has been built with the idea to gather talented people from all over Europe to work together on Panzer Dragoon and many other games, including existing IPs and new projects.

2) While a co-publisher and IP owner, SEGA hasnít communicated much about the remakes. We know theyíre overseeing the project, but can you tell us more about what aspects of development theyíre involved in?

Sega is basically helping us on a daily basis: providing feedback, providing original material, ensuring that the game is respectful to the original one. We are communicating every day and their involvement in the project is extremely high and important.

3) At Tokyo Game Show you got to meet Yukio Futatsugi and other members of the original Team Andromeda. Can you tell us a bit more about what you talked about and what they thought of the remake? And moving forward, will they be involved in the project in any way?

We had the chance to meet a few key people from the original team, it was a pleasure and an honor. We showed them the build of the game, and we were extremely excited, but also stressed. At the end of the day, they really enjoyed their experience and provided some crucial feedback that we implemented in the game as soon as we could.

We have no plan to involve them more in the project as they are themselves working hard on their own projects, but for sure, weíd like to show them another build closer to the release, and hopefully get some important feedback before the last line!

4) Did you receive any documentation from SEGA regarding the gameís backstory and the level design, and are there any dedicated translators on board to translate what is likely predominantly Japanese content?

We had a lot of story-wise / artistic elements and it helped us a lot capture the essence of the game. Fortunately, there are still a lot of different elements still at Sega HQ, and of course, former team Andromeda members. Itís an honour to know that people who made such a masterpiece are playing and enjoying our work!

5) Some changes were made to the setting of the gameís first episode (an ancient city submerged in a lake). While we understand the idea is to make the games graphically more appealing, thereís concern that such changes wonít make sense in the context of the areas the game takes place in. Should we expect to see similar changes to the other levels, and if so, can you give us some examples of what these might look like?

We received this feedback on social media and on our Discord server, itís great because it shows that the game is awaited and fans are loyal and involved in the development process, which is exactly what we wanted. For this first level precisely, they were some discussions and several propositions have been made, some closer to the original, others more targeted towards younger players and a larger audience. At the end, this design was chosen, itís a new take but very respectful from the original and the vision of the former team, we are very happy with the look of this first level, and most of the fans are too, so itís perfect.

We canít wait to show you more screenshots, but we canít now. But for sure, you can expect changes compared to the original. I understand the disappointment old players may have and itís something very typical when speaking about a licence as strong as Panzer Dragoon, but for sure, we canít make the same design, the vision of the original team was limited by device limitations we donít have anymore, and thatís great, so we have to reinvent a part of the project. But as long as the vision of the team is preserved, I am confident that most of the players will like our direction.

6) Do you have any update on the game potentially using some of the unique features of the Switch (such as joycon motion controls)?

Not yet, but thatís a request weíve received very often on the Discord server so we are carefully writing it down, and when the game will be complete, probably soon, weíll be able to add some features depending on the time we have left before the release! We are listening to all fansí ideas and we will make our best to add as many features as possible.

7) Rez: Infinite made a big impression on PlayStation VR, showing that classic rail-shooter gameplay translates very well to VR. While a PS4 or PC version hasnít been confirmed, is VR support something youíve discussed internally?

Thatís not a discussion weíre having today, but for sure itís a great idea and weíd love to do that. Megapixel Studio already released a few VR games, so technically itís possible, but we have no plans yet!

8) The gameís FMV video sequences were impressive at the time, but the very low resolution means that - even using advanced upscaling algorithms - their quality leaves something to be desired on todayís Full HD and 4K TVís. Have you decided on how these will be remade (for example, will they run in-engine)?

Cutscenes are being remade from scratch and pre-calculated to offer the best result possible. because, as you say, it was an important and impressive part of the game.

9) Have the resolution and framerate in docked and undocked mode been locked down at this point in development?

Not yet, the game was publicly playable on the Nintendo boot during Gamescom in handheld mode and the feedback was excellent, the game is smooth and really playable today, but we still have to polish the optimization part. Itís a huge task that awaits us in the upcoming months!

10) You asked fans for feedback on Twitter about the gameís music (if they preferred original, remastered or entirely new). Has any decision been made regarding that? As you know, thereís one particular video game composer that people would like to see involved with the project.

There was some progress but I canít talk about it today, unfortunately. I hope weíll be able to give you more details very soon, though!

11) The first remaster of Panzer Dragoon on PS2 included a Pandoraís Box (also named Pandraís Box), a feature that was also included in Zwei and Orta. It contains things like a level select, dragon type, documentation on the enemies and levels, artwork slides, trailers and commercials for the previous games, and more. Do you plan to add a Pandoraís Box to the remake?

We have some similar ideas, not exactly that but more content about the original game and its development is definitely an option. Our goal being spreading the game and enlarging its audience. It definitely makes sense, but weíll see! We also need to know if itís a priority for the fans, because we wonít be able to add all the great features they suggested, so we have to make a choice, and the choice will be made depending on fansí preferences.

12) Nowadays video games often include a photo mode (where we can pause, remove the HUD and change the camera angles) and online leaderboards. Are you planning on adding such features to the remake?

Itís also something we are considering and we may be able to add at the end of the development as a new feature, but we have to be sure that it is something really requested by a large part of the community, and the only way to tell us that is speaking about it on social network, or on the Discord server.

13) Youíve received a lot of feedback from the demo build shown at Gamescom and Tokyo Game Show. One thing Iíve seen mentioned several times by people who played the demo is that it still seems to be a very early build of the game, and a lot of work still needs to be done. Would you say youíre still on track for the winter release date, or could we see a delay to ensure the quality of the game?

We are definitely on track for this winter, as we plan. During our presentation of the game at Gamescom, we gathered a lot of feedback, and in Tokyo, we only show the game to few people, including most of the original team. They all said that the game was impressive and enjoyed the experience. It was something for us to get such a feedback from legends. We also got some modifications suggestions and we added it as soon as we were able.

14) Thanks for answering our questions! Is there anything else youíd like to share with the Panzer Dragoon community?

Thank you for your interest, please tell us what you think on the official social channels: the Steam page, Twitter, Facebook or even directly on my personal Twitter account!

Please support the game as it is the best way to see more Panzer Dragoon in the future!
    https://www.panzerdragoonlegacy.com/...dragoon-remake

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    It's also coming to Steam so for those who hate the visuals or sound effects. Worry no more fam. PC mods can change that.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ragoon_Remake/
    I wish they'd patch up the original game and bung that up on Steam as well.

Click image above for my Youtube channel.

I'm wondering if these will be score based games.
    Though often overlooked among many players, Panzer Dragoon Zwei had a superbly balanced and layered scoring system.

Thread Information