Quantcast

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Panzer Dragoon Remake. Releases this year.

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Very surprising, though with the PS2/Xbox version out there, it would have been nice if they remade Panzer Dragoon Zwei.
    They're supposedly doing Zwei too, this is just coming out first.

Here's another video that shows a bit of the stage 1 boss.

It seems like they changed the sound of the dragon, which I don't like, but otherwise this looks really nice. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Considering other efforts to try and re-create the look and feel of the original. I feel they did a better job than past attempts. Like Crimson Dragon. All-Stars Racing Transformed.

Sure CD was not a remake but I just felt it's aesthetic felt bland. Transformed was closer in color scheme how I want it to look but geometry felt a bit simple. This remake has more detail. It could be a bit more colorful so that is a minor gripe.

The remake is still good looking to me but I would like it to be a bit more colorful. Like the water be bluer. Minor things. I'm not unhappy at all tho. Exceedingly happy this exists.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assman View Post

It seems like they changed the sound of the dragon, which I don't like, but otherwise this looks really nice. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    It sounds like the T-Rex at the end of Jarassic Park, when the he's ripping through the banner.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

It looks gosh darn amazing. The color of the water is fine for god's sakes.

The original had a very specific eastern/pan-European mixed with future artistic direction so I wonder how the new generation of developers will embrace it. I was sure they would mess it up or ignore it completely, but I have a glimmer of hope from these screenshots.

By the way Crimson Dragon wasn't a remake but a spiritual sequel by the man who directed the originals himself.

Please cool lighting effects like the original! Between this and Shenmue III 2019 will be a great year...unless III gets delayed AGAIN.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

I know CD was a spiritual successor. My point was it was trying to invoke a similar atmosphere of PD but came up short. Even from the creator of PD himself. Just saying trying to recapture that magic has been difficult and other than very minor issues the remake is the best attempt to bring that look and atmosphere back. Don't take it as being a negative nancy. I'm seriously thrilled about this.

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Very surprising, though with the PS2/Xbox version out there
    The Xbox version isn't that good compared to the original. The PS2 version is class mind. It looks horrible, too bright the sense of an ancient decaying civilisation gone, Water reflections gone, the lovely Italian Gothic-like architecture gone and replaced with something out of Triffids. Those lovely Japanese inspired Torii like arches gone, replaced with something that looks more like a collection of Nuclear missiles

Horrible on every level and I say that as someone who loves the Panzer Dragoon series and for me the 1st game is the best game ever made

Looks like another IP that SEGA is set to ruin
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 06-13-2019 at 04:47 AM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    I know CD was a spiritual successor. My point was it was trying to invoke a similar atmosphere of PD but came up short. Even from the creator of PD himself.
    Gotcha, I completely agree with you on that perspective.

Also, for those who haven't seen it.

the lovely Italian Gothic-like architecture gone and replaced with something out of Triffids.
    The architecture is there. Even the Persian style dome is still there.

When I saw this I was literally screaming with joy and my neighbor pounded the wall because I was so loud.
    Lol Segata.
    Last edited by Blades; 06-13-2019 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post

The architecture is there. Even the Persian style dome is still there.
    And looking nothing like the classic Art style. This is almost Turtles in Time: Re-Shelled levels of crapness
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It sounds like the T-Rex at the end of Jarassic Park, when the he's ripping through the banner.
    You're right, it does sound heavily T-Rex-influenced. It seems like a trivial thing to bitch about, but the dragon cry was unique and distinguished, giving the creatures that extra bit of personality and even vulnerability. It intrigues me when you contrast that with the dragons being seen by nearly everyone but the riders as cold, heartless, flying death machines.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    inb4 TA comes in and calls it a shit looking game.
    Called it.

Master of Shinobi

The landscape does look a bit too rich compared to the vast empty spaces in the original. I know that was a technical limitation, but they may have gone a bit overboard. We'll have to see the rest of the levels before passing judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    And looking nothing like the classic Art style. This is almost Turtles in Time: Re-Shelled levels of crapness
    Lol. For once I'm not the most hyperbolic person in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Lol. For once I'm not the most hyperbolic person in the room.
    No but you're the most hypocritical. I thought I was on your ignore list, but never mind....
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Come on guys letís not degenerate to empire levels of infighting.

Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    You just said it wasn't there and now that a screenshot is showing that it is there, you're moving the goal posts. We already understand you don't like it. Let everyone else be happy about this even if you're arn't.

You've made your point. Just let it go and move on.
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    You just said it wasn't there and now that a screenshot is showing that it is there, you're moving the goal posts. We already understand you don't like it. Let everyone else be happy about this even if you're arn't.

You've made your point. Just let it go and move on.
    I didn't say the Temple is gone, but the whole the sense of an 'ancient decaying civilisation' gone, 'Water reflections' are gone, the lovely 'Italian Gothic-like architecture' gone and replaced with something out of Triffids It seems to be running at 30 fps too, hell even the Saturn can beat that LOL :P

Last edited by Team Andromeda; 06-14-2019 at 07:14 AM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Thread Information