Quantcast

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Panzer Dragoon Remake. Releases this year.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Virtua Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zz Badnusty View Post
    I agree. Particularly about the sound effects. Audio was a significant factor of the games' atmosphere and was intended to showcase the sound hardware of the Saturn. The SFX are a signature characteristic of the franchise. That these developers dont recognize this speaks volumes. The sfx in this remake trailer are horrendous in comparison to the original.
    Exactly.
    Changing also trademark details like the sound effects (especially the iconic dragon roar and the lasers) mean that the developers really don't know what they are doing, let alone what Panzer Dragoon really is.

It's like changing the light saber sound in Star Wars.

Forever Entertainment said that they want to specialize in remakes of classic IP (aka a poor version of Bluepoint), so there is not a genuine reason behind the choice of PD, it could be just any dead classic IP, it's just a business decision for a new company with no real experience (nor talent) that are trying to create its own identity...too bad they are butchering Panzer Dragoon in the process.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Virtua Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    I agree, it's a travesty for the little that I've seen so far.

They completely changed some of the key aesthetic elements of the game:
    - You're not supposed to see the entire map from far away. Orta also respected that for the most part.
    - Maps aren't supposed to be utterly crowded.
    - Buildings are supposed to stand out.
    - What the fuck is going on with all this golden lighting? Lmao.

The atmosphere just seems completely different.
    Yes it's a parody, a work on an amateurs who are just learning the basics of gaming development.
    There are so many problems and mistakes on so many levels in only 1 minute of trailer...

And I don't think that some fan feedback could save this mess, it should be restarted from scratch and given to talented people who actually care about the series.

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua Hunter View Post
    Yes it's a parody, a work on an amateurs who are just learning the basics of gaming development.
    Yep, Made by a team that's hardly made a name for themselves on the Mobile and now trying to update classic on a shoestring budget and BOY does it show. The team can't even get the ART right.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Life!? ... What console is that on?

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thread Information