Quantcast

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Konami announces PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 Mini

SITE SUPERVILLAIN Outrunner Vector's Avatar

https://youtu.be/V-8G56_GP3s

Says M2 doing emulation. So no SOR1 on MDmini, no LegendaryAxe1 on PC/TG16mini.. still have 99% great games and getting both. But TG16 mini > MDmini, it seems =0
    Last edited by Vector; 08-13-2019 at 03:58 AM.
    My Feedback : http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...orman-feedback
    My Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAhCCdRxXo
    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Is this guy the new forum villain? LOL
    They called me Mr. Glass =)

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

TurboGrafx-16 has always been the best, nothing has changed

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Yohko16's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    I see where you are coming from, but I wouldn't be opposed to Virtua Fighter and Racing 32x and a few Sega CD games on Genesis mini. Would you?
    I would! It sucks that Konami are doing this with the PC Engine Mini and it would suck as much had Sega did this with the Mega Drive Mini. That's why Sega should show the way and release a Mega-CD Mini and maybe even a 32X Mini. NOW that would be great and would look amazing.

should be called TurboDuo mini though
    As I've said before in this thread and even then, this technically don't cover Supergrafx games. But the Supergrafx was an awful, awful move anyway and one of the worst performances/price ratio ever. Even the games were apparently much more expensive than regular PC Engine games, being sold for about $100, and when you look at those, well, that's quite the bummer. Aldynes for instance, often considered the most interesting game on the system, is still very compromised, running in low resolution, with many cases of sprite flickering and even some slowdowns and a sound quality that's barely better than some NES games! In other words, the Supergrafx was released one year later and cost two times more than the Mega Drive yet it's still not better. Crazy. Why NEC even bothered to release the Supergrafx is beyond me and Japanese third party developers at the time were as much puzzled as I am.

lol that's a late reply.

And Sega already did the reverse (which some people may find even worse if anything), there's the mini add-ons to go with it but they're just for decoration and don't include any of the games that use their real counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    lol that's a late reply.

And Sega already did the reverse (which some people may find even worse if anything), there's the mini add-ons to go with it but they're just for decoration and don't include any of the games that use their real counterparts.
    Need that decoration for all that shelf dust.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yohko16 View Post
    I would! It sucks that Konami are doing this with the PC Engine Mini and it would suck as much had Sega did this with the Mega Drive Mini. That's why Sega should show the way and release a Mega-CD Mini and maybe even a 32X Mini. NOW that would be great and would look amazing.

As I've said before in this thread and even then, this technically don't cover Supergrafx games. But the Supergrafx was an awful, awful move anyway and one of the worst performances/price ratio ever. Even the games were apparently much more expensive than regular PC Engine games, being sold for about $100, and when you look at those, well, that's quite the bummer. Aldynes for instance, often considered the most interesting game on the system, is still very compromised, running in low resolution, with many cases of sprite flickering and even some slowdowns and a sound quality that's barely better than some NES games! In other words, the Supergrafx was released one year later and cost two times more than the Mega Drive yet it's still not better. Crazy. Why NEC even bothered to release the Supergrafx is beyond me and Japanese third party developers at the time were as much puzzled as I am.
    As misinformed as you are about video gaming in general, it's not surprising that you aren't aware of the actual many worst performances/price ratio evers. But a blind Mega Drive believer should be familiar with the legendary Mega-LD library.

The Mega-LD hardware was released five years later and cost sixteen times more than the Mega Drive yet it's still not better. Crazy. Why SEGA even agreed to the Mega-LD format is beyond me and Japanese third party developers at the time were as much puzzled as I am.

That's why Sega should show the way and release of release a Mega-LD mini (with only Mega-LD titles or riot!), after they've released the Meganet mini (with only Meganet titles or riot!), after they've released the 32XCD mini (with only 32XCD titles or riot!), after they've released the 32X mini (with only 32X cart titles or riot!), after they've released the Mega-CD mini (with only CD titles or riot!).

NOW that would be great and would look amazing. It would really suck if Sega made the same mistake as Konami did and not keep the libraries separate to their own unique mini releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

On a more serious note, I wouldn't be opposed to Sega throwing in Ghost Rush :​v

But this is a PCE thread, so let's go with Vajra instead, which is a LD-ROMē game:

Honestly that one would have done better as a Mega LD title instead (it really could have made some use of the Mega CD's ASIC scaling), but that's another topic.

EDIT: either remove the youtube tag or make it an alias of the video tag
    Last edited by Sik; 09-13-2019 at 01:27 AM.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    On a more serious note, I wouldn't be opposed to Sega throwing in Ghost Rush :​v

But this is a PCE thread, so let's go with Vajra instead, which is a LD-ROMē game:

Honestly that one would have done better as a Mega LD title instead (it really could have made some use of the Mega CD's ASIC scaling), but that's another topic.

EDIT: either remove the youtube tag or make it an alias of the video tag
    I'm hoping that that all LaserActive games will someday get the Daphne treatment... before it's too late to record the video footage. I had a LaserActive with Sega Pak years ago, but couldn't be bothered to pay what MLD games were going for at the time. Even if they were all cheap today, it's not worth the hassle of dealing with real hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

There's a reason why I'm pestering to get Ghost Rush dumped (no idea if it already got dumped or not) :​P Though sadly most of the library is eeeeh.

Anyway, if I recall correctly Nemesis had been spending quite a good bunch of time perfecting the dumping techniques (spoiler: it involves the LaserActive itself, because somehow it turns out to be great for this particular job). Dumping the data side is easy, the problem is settling on a way to store the video information (dump it in a flawed format and you'll be forced to dump it again later if you want better quality).

From this post onwards (there's a couple of pics down the way too):
    http://gendev.spritesmind.net/forum/...tart=60#p34937

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

They don't look very mini at all.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thread Information