Quantcast

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Konami announces PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 Mini

Wildside Expert

I like the cheezy look of the US tg16! I will buy IF:
    1. Emulation is decent
    2. Contaims all Hudson Soft and NEC games (they are owned by konami)
    3. English rondo

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    I have a TG16 but not many games because of prices. This is the one I really do want if the right games are on there but I need this to be a 2020 thing. I can't do any more this year.
    Yeah, after it looked like these mini things might be a thing, I was thinking this would probably be the only one I'd actually really want. I don't have an actual console, and I don't expect to acquire one at this point. Right now, the interest is definitely there.

I wonder if they'll get the Kato-chan & Ken-chan license (that wouldn't be a problem for the localized version but it'd be silly to have it in the West and not in Japan). The problem is that celebrities tend to charge quite a bit more. Also I'm not sure if the TV network would be involved or not (as this was based on a TV program).

Amusingly, the Western version of the game got a Virtual Console release back in 2007. Not the Japanese one (it seems). Go figure?

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    I like the cheezy look of the US tg16! I will buy IF:
    1. Emulation is decent
    2. Contaims all Hudson Soft and NEC games (they are owned by konami)
    3. English rondo
    Konami only owns Hudson Soft. NEC is still a massive company compared to Konami.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Awesome news, Konami doing great stuff at the mo. Lovey the fact Pal users get a lovely unit, compared to the horrid America crap
    respect the turbo. It is superior compared to the white PC engine, its single board design eliminates the PCEís achilles heel: the ribbon cable that connects the hucard slot to the motherboard. Turbografx is a robust console for the rugged AMERICAN life. (Fuck yeah).

But TA literally hates everything so what did i expect

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moirai View Post
    respect the turbo.
    It's like the resigned of the Famicom and SuperFamicom. Bloody horrid and went against everything that was so good about the PC-Eng; small, lovely design super powerful and the same size of a packet of Skips crips.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

It's like the resigned of the Famicom and SuperFamicom. Bloody horrid and went against everything that was so good about the PC-Eng; small, lovely design super powerful and the same size of a packet of Skips crips.
    I will defend the turbo with my life. FIGHT ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Moirai View Post
    I will defend the turbo with my life. FIGHT ME!
    Crack on mate. I'll just say the USA redesign was hideous and went against what so so great about the PC-Eng and that was a tiny little box, that was stupidly powerful.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

The North American design isnít bad at all, well, except for how it looks with the CD attachment. Itís much better than the purple buttoned SNES.

It would have been cool if they gave us a Supergraphx Mini. That way we could have the coolest looking console, along with the handful of games made for it.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Crack on mate. I'll just say the USA redesign was hideous and went against what so so great about the PC-Eng and that was a tiny little box, that was stupidly powerful.
    I understand why some people do or do not like the look of the TG-16, but it was totally in line with PC Engine hardware/accessory designs. It retains all of the key physicals aesthetics and the t-bone shape is the same as the SuperGrafx. Even the name TurboGrafx-16 fits in with the rest of the PC Engine line.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    The North American design isnít bad at all, well, except for how it looks with the CD attachment. Itís much better than the purple buttoned SNES.

It would have been cool if they gave us a Supergraphx Mini. That way we could have the coolest looking console, along with the handful of games made for it.
    The USA Snes and its games looked like a breeze block and the USA version of the PC-Eng looked like something taken off Michael Knight Car and had all the style and charm of the OG XBox .
    Both with the Snes and Turbo 16 we had hideous and needless redesigns. The Japanese PC Eng system was a thing of beauty and so understated, such power in a little box.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

SITE SUPERVILLAIN Outrunner Vector's Avatar

The USA Snes and its games looked like a breeze block and the USA version of the PC-Eng looked like something taken off Michael Knight Car and had all the style and charm of the OG XBox .
    Both with the Snes and Turbo 16 we had hideous and needless redesigns. The Japanese PC Eng system was a thing of beauty and so understated, such power in a little box.
    Would you say the pc engine was the dreamcast of its day? Compact and power in simple aero box. Compared to the rectangle ps2 box and tg16 looking xbox original box? Game cube shape was cool but dreamcast in my eyes is best. Sega always made cool looking hardware across ALL regions !
    My Feedback : http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...orman-feedback
    My Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAhCCdRxXo
    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Is this guy the new forum villain? LOL
    They called me Mr. Glass =)

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Turbo-16 is more the Saturn of its day to me. Popular in Japan. (DC was not) . Similar sales. Practically non-existent in the US. A 3rd man out console.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    Would you say the pc engine was the dreamcast of its day? Compact and power in simple aero box. Compared to the rectangle ps2 box and tg16 looking xbox original box? Game cube shape was cool but dreamcast in my eyes is best. Sega always made cool looking hardware across ALL regions !
    Yes ,very much so. The Dreamcast minimalist looks and small stature hid what was a brilliant and powerful system. The DC is a thing of beauty
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Yohko16's Avatar

At first I was happily surprised by this news and then shit happened when I heard that:

-It gonna have two controller ports

-It gonna include Hucard and CD games

Is it true? Because if so, that would be stupid since this goes against the actual system legacy. The PC Engine does NOT have two controller ports (only one for those who aren't aware) and the PC Engine does NOT play CD games (since it needs an add-on to do so).

And BTW ye, the Turbografx-16 is quite ugly and despite its bigger size, still doesn't have RGB output nor two controller ports.

Thread Information