Quantcast

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Konami announces PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 Mini

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Those are extreme cases, with limited numbers, and Radiant Silvergun was a remake for the Xbox 360.

The price of Final Fantasy III has dropped substantially over the years, because of the availability of the game on other devices like the SNES mini. I'm not saying it always happens, but I've seen it often enough.
    I'll, hardly call Castlevania.. extreme, to be fair boss. We've had the Snes mini and now also the Castlevania Collection and we haven't seen the price of Part IV or Bloodline come down at all. Castlevania SOTN also been on various systems (like XBLA) and its price hasn't come down. Sadly, when you have various YouTube channels, going on about rare or desirable games are, People seem, to want them all the more and will pay for it; sadly usually for no other reason, than to say they've got it and put it on their shelf, all set for a selfie photo.

It's not just Castlevania. With Capcom, we've had various collections yet Dungeons & Dragons Collection, Megaman, Street Fighter III still command top prices for Saturn, DC or SNES. I doubt it will be any different with a Mega Drive or PC Eng Mini. The price of Mega Drive games just seems to get going up through the roof all the time. I've half tempted to sell my Pal copy of Bloodlines (since it's own the mini) to help fund my advanced pre-order for the Virtua Stick Pro.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Unexpected so even more awesome.
    I will get it day one and pick up a Mega Drive Mini later on.

I hope japanese only games like Rondo of blood and Star Parodier will be featured in the western editions.
    PCE, just like Saturn, had a lot of the best games that remained confined in Japan.
    It would be a shame if they miss out.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Folco View Post
    Unexpected so even more awesome.
    I will get it day one and pick up a Mega Drive Mini later on.

I hope japanese only games like Rondo of blood and Star Parodier will be featured in the western editions.
    PCE, just like Saturn, had a lot of the best games that remained confined in Japan.
    It would be a shame if they miss out.
    Hudson had the unreleased English version of Star Parodia on Wii VC.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I'll, hardly call Castlevania.. extreme, to be fair boss. We've had the Snes mini and now also the Castlevania Collection and we haven't seen the price of Part IV or Bloodline come down at all. Castlevania SOTN also been on various systems (like XBLA) and its price hasn't come down. Sadly, when you have various YouTube channels, going on about rare or desirable games are, People seem, to want them all the more and will pay for it; sadly usually for no other reason, than to say they've got it and put it on their shelf, all set for a selfie photo.

It's not just Castlevania. With Capcom, we've had various collections yet Dungeons & Dragons Collection, Megaman, Street Fighter III still command top prices for Saturn, DC or SNES. I doubt it will be any different with a Mega Drive or PC Eng Mini. The price of Mega Drive games just seems to get going up through the roof all the time. I've half tempted to sell my Pal copy of Bloodlines (since it's own the mini) to help fund my advanced pre-order for the Virtua Stick Pro.
    Like I said: Im not saying it always happens.

Hoshigami on the original PlayStation was selling for around $100, but right after it was made available for the PS3 on PSN, I saw the prices drop down to the $20 range. Its now popped back up to the $70 range.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hoshigami-R...oAAOSwNOFc--S4

A game like Legendary Axe that sells for around $50 complete will probably drop to the $30 range, after the mini release, while Air Zonk probably wont.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Wildside Expert

My big worry with the TG-16 mini is that each region will have a system with games that were originally released in that region. The U.S. version really needs to have many titles that were originally Japan only. While there were many quality games released in the U.S., the depth of Japanese releases needs to be tapped to make this worthwhile, especially CD games.
    Last edited by redsox2013; 06-17-2019 at 06:16 PM.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

I wish they just all had the same games as well.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    I wish they just all had the same games as well.
    90% of the market is Japan. The PC Engine version is going to have Japanese RPGs, digicomics, sims and at least one idol game.

You'd probably prefer an assortment of games tailored for North America, which it sounds like the TG-16 version will have, or even just a selection of games from the Turbo/Duo line.

It would be easy to put together a list of 50+ good games from the North American library. But I don't think they'll include that many.
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Give me Lords of Thunder.

The more I think about it, I just my get an Everdrive off of ebay instead. I game on a CRT with my Turbo anyways.
    Last edited by gamevet; 06-17-2019 at 10:04 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

A game like Legendary Axe that sells for around $50 complete will probably drop to the $30 range, after the mini release, while Air Zonk probably wont.
    I guess there are some examples, but I just seem games going up and up in value. Anyway, Given Konami, are making this I hope they bring an English version of Snatcher to the west on the Mini, along with gems like Parodius. I also love to see Jackie Chan, Tiger Heli, Flash Hiders, Splash Lake (love this game), Gomola Speed, Long Nose Gobli, Vigilante , Shinobi to the Mini
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Trying to remember the name of some odd shooter PCE had that Happy Console Gamer reviewed. I'd love to play some of those hidden gem RPGs over Bonk anyway.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

I thought that Bonk was boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    90% of the market is Japan. The PC Engine version is going to have Japanese RPGs, digicomics, sims and at least one idol game.

You'd probably prefer an assortment of games tailored for North America, which it sounds like the TG-16 version will have, or even just a selection of games from the Turbo/Duo line.

It would be easy to put together a list of 50+ good games from the North American library. But I don't think they'll include that many.
    Yeah, TurboDuo or even Supergrafx would be nice...how about that great port of Ghouls N' Ghosts? Not like anyone owns the system anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Yeah, TurboDuo or even Supergrafx would be nice...how about that great port of Ghouls N' Ghosts? Not like anyone owns the system anyway.
    1941CA and Aldynes are polished fun games published by Hudson Soft.

Daimakaimura was ported by NEC Ave. It has more assets and some better coloring than the Mega Drive version, but is also uneven and kinda rough. Still worth including in a North American release. But Konami would have to pay Capcom for the license to it and 1941CA.

I've never liked Grandzort, even though it has it's fans. Battle Ace is worth including.

It would be neat if they paid to license at least Fatal Fury Special, if not also World Heroes 2. They're original ports and not hand-me-downs like the port-of-a-port SFII'. Too many people who aren't familiar with the library don't realize the range in game content between the tiny and large sized games the PC Engine has.

Having some of the more impressive and solid titles running out of a TG-16 shaped console would really drive home how much we missed out on.

If they can't secure SNK licenses they could include Tengai Makyou Kabuki Ittoryoudan though I wonder if/how many japanese text Konami will really include in the PCE mini western editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    Hudson had the unreleased English version of Star Parodia on Wii VC.
    Ah yeah I forgot about it.

I thought that Bonk was boring.
    No in the UK, its not LOL
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Thread Information