Quantcast

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Konami announces PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 Mini

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
    Of course, the more, the better. But up to this point, Sega would probably have to delay the Mega Drive mini release in order to add new games to it, since the release date is two months ahead now and probably the console is in the production chain already.

What I would love about these minis would the possibility to add further games, from legal means obviously. The fact these are closed systems with a limited selection of games is always going to leave you the desire for more, no matter what.

I always considered the PC Engine equivalent of the 32X to be the SuperGrafx, even though a closer Mega Drive equivalent to that one would have been the Sega Neptune, had it been released. If there would have been an add-on attachment that upgraded a stock PC Engine into a SuperGrafx, then that would have been the PC Engine equivalent of the 32X, but that doesn't exist as far as I know.

The PC-FX in my eyes is more like an equivalent of the Sega Saturn but really, really, reaaaally gone bad. But hey, you are the PC Engine expert here after all.
    The PC-FX adds 32X style elements to PC Engine/SuperGrafx hardware. So it mixes layer(s) of the 32-bit assets with layer(s) of 16-biy assets and the sound is all PC Engine plus 2 adpcm channels. The PC-FX cpu is also much weaker than Saturn and PSX.

The PC-FX is the equivalent of a Neptune.

The SuperGrafx is just a PC Engine with a second tile + sprite layer and superfluous ram to make up for how difficult it is to make use of the extra layers (sprotes in particular). The whole thing was low effort attempt to add a second tile layer to the PC Engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Pre-orders are up for Japanese prime members only atm.
    Last edited by SegataS; 07-15-2019 at 02:56 AM.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

I always considered the PC Engine equivalent of the 32X to be the SuperGrafx, even though a closer Mega Drive equivalent to that one would have been the Sega Neptune, had it been released. If there would have been an add-on attachment that upgraded a stock PC Engine into a SuperGrafx, then that would have been the PC Engine equivalent of the 32X, but that doesn't exist as far as I know.

The PC-FX in my eyes is more like an equivalent of the Sega Saturn but really, really, reaaaally gone bad. But hey, you are the PC Engine expert here after all.
    To me PC-FX always felt as a consolized successor of PC-98 more than a straight successor of the PC Engine, especially when comparing the first half of PCE lifespan (in term of game software library).

SITE SUPERVILLAIN Outrunner Vector's Avatar

Of course, the more, the better. But up to this point, Sega would probably have to delay the Mega Drive mini release in order to add new games to it, since the release date is two months ahead now and probably the console is in the production chain already.
    I agree, but would still be cool.

What I would love about these minis would the possibility to add further games, from legal means obviously. The fact these are closed systems with a limited selection of games is always going to leave you the desire for more, no matter what.
    I guess since they come with USB on front for controllers and they know a USB stick can be inserted 2 on say, player 2 usb, people will hack it anyway they know now, so they don't care. ?

Yeah I find it cool Konami added card, cd and supergrafx (sgfx) games on this mini.

I'm not sure how pc fx even came up LOL, my posts on last page were about tg16, cd and supergrafx games on Mini and how I wish Sega now added a couple cd and 32x games. I didn't even mention pc fx.
    My Feedback : http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...orman-feedback
    My Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAhCCdRxXo
    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Is this guy the new forum villain? LOL
    They called me Mr. Glass =)

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Anyone have any clue when the pre-order page goes up in the US? Even for Prime members or is it only Japan prime members can pre-order until March?

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Man, I'm torn. Even Nintendo made up for their shortages. And I haven't even gone for the Genesis Classic yet. I have a feeling I'll find both in stores. I'm gonna risk it just to get that feel of grabbing it in stores.

Only if it's second hand. Konami made an exclusive deal with Amazon and only prime members can currently pre-order. Everyone else has to wait til March. Sign up for a 30 day trial of prime. Pre-order then cancel prime on the 29th day. The benefits keep on the pre-order as long as you don't cancel.

Pat is a total cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Pat is a total cunt.
    I dont disagree lol but just wanted people check out what they were saying in regards to mini . .

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    I dont disagree lol but just wanted people check out what they were saying in regards to mini . .
    The only one who's worth listing too on PC Eng matter's is the great bithead1000.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    The only one who's worth listing too on PC Eng matter's is the great bithead1000.
    As much misinformation as he normally spreads, his PC Engine mini video was beyond cringy.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    As much misinformation as he normally spreads, his PC Engine mini video was beyond cringy.
    Agreed.

His shtick of impromptu shouting at the camera, followed by a stare and a pause for effect, and feeling all aggrieved, is getting very stale now.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Happy Console Gamer does a good enough job talking about it.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Thread Information