Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who still collects?

Default Who still collects?

I'm curious how many of you still collect for the 32x. Given how expensive it is now, I don't see many people jumping into it in the future, unless sellers decide to drop prices due to lack of collecting.

I'm still picking up items even to this day. It's expensive, but it's something that I still love to collect for.

Framemeister Expert Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Tower of Power's Avatar

It's such a smell library, I've gotten pretty much everything I wanted. I wouldn't pass if I found some cheap games I didn't have, though.

Comrade as in friend. Master of Shinobi ComradeOj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tower of Power View Post
    It's such a smell library
    Is that why so many people say the 32x stinks?

Joking aside, I feel the same way. I have pretty much all the games out of the library that I want, and don't see the need to pick up any more unless they were really cheap. I was able to get the ones I have now for decent prices. I probably wouldn't have gotten in to 32X if they cost what they do now though.
    Modded consoles:
    Master System (v7040) with s-video & direct AV out
    Model 1 with 10mhz overclock & halt switches
    Model 1 with 10mhz 68010
    Model 2 VA2.3 with unfiltered Mega Amp, & s-video
    Model 3 VA1 with compatibility fixes & s-video
    32X with s-video
    Visit my web site at www.mode5.net
    Or my collection of homebrew Genesis games, programs, and music on SEGA-16!

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

I want Tempo but the game shot up in price so fast I was never able to get it. I do have Cosmic Carnage boxed and a loose Knuckles Chaotix but it doesn't work with a Genesis model 2 apparently. I always thought my 32X was faulty but then I saw James and Mike Mondays and they had the same issue until they played it on a Genesis model 1. I think they tried a couple of Genesis model 2 systems. I'm not buying another Genesis just to play this so I just have a game I can't play on my shelf. I also wanted Blackthorne as it was $20 but I was out of cash that day. I sorta forgot about it for a while and when I went to eBay...WTF it skyrocketed in price. Sure I can get that game elsewhere but still. I really hate this bubble. I want prices to go back down FFS.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Outrunner

Other than Knuckles Chaotix and Kolibri you can play most of the good 32X games on other platforms, often in better quality.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Other than Knuckles Chaotix and Kolibri you can play most of the good 32X games on other platforms, often in better quality.
    That argument never made sense to me. Why would people care about fixing sound & color issues on SF2 and SSF2 on the Megadrive, then?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge size milestones @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150)

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

I've got everything except Spider-Man -- and a couple of boxes/manuals -- most of it acquired very cheaply. Part of me wants to sell the whole set off, but part of me wants to beat them all first.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Gaming wise, there's not much there to get. Regarding the collecting aspect of it, I know of a local collector who has complete 32X sets for NA, JP and EU. I recall him telling me something about been on the lookout for a Brazil region variant as well. I didn't even know the 32X was a thing over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

I picked up the Japanese unit a few years ago, along with Space Harrier, Afterburner Complete and Doom.

After finding the hardware introduced nasty interference into the video, I stopped right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    Gaming wise, there's not much there to get. Regarding the collecting aspect of it, I know of a local collector who has complete 32X sets for NA, JP and EU. I recall him telling me something about been on the lookout for a Brazil region variant as well. I didn't even know the 32X was a thing over there.
    Wow! I thought I had a large 32x collection but I guess there's always someone with a bigger collection!
    I am Mr_32X

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    That argument never made sense to me. Why would people care about fixing sound & color issues on SF2 and SSF2 on the Megadrive, then?
    Guess they want to make the MD version as good as possible? Me, I just play the arcade versions now. Porting SF2 to a home console in the early '90s meant making a lot of compromises, I look at it like putting a movie on VHS and cropping the aspect ratio. Today we have better options. Ditto for Virtua Racing, Virtua Fighter, Doom, MK2, After Burner, Night Trap, and the list goes on.

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

^Well Virtua Racing is actually still considered the best version because of its exclusive stages, cars, etc., even better than the arcade (except for graphics slightly downgraded from arcade).

^Virtua Fighter, isn't that the best home version of the game? I know people don't like the Saturn versions, but I guess u can't beat the actual arcade game.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Ecco View Post
    ^Well Virtua Racing is actually still considered the best version because of its exclusive stages, cars, etc., even better than the arcade (except for graphics slightly downgraded from arcade).

^Virtua Fighter, isn't that the best home version of the game? I know people don't like the Saturn versions, but I guess u can't beat the actual arcade game.
    That is true VR does have extra tracks on the 32X. I actually love that version, so smooth, one of my favorite 32X titles. Of course today there's also an HD port on the Switch.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training SegaDreamcast's Avatar

Wonder how much a Sega Neptune prototype would sell for if it was put up on eBay today.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Ecco View Post

Also there's around 150 arcade ports (see my sig) on the stock Megadrive alone (and this does not even include Amiga, etc ports), some of them do improve on the original regarding content or gameplay. If you knock-out 150 games just because they are ports, you are missing a whole lot, and many of the most important games on the platform
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge size milestones @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150)

Thread Information