Quantcast

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Decade At Sega-16

I do indeed remember when the forum got hacked in 2011. For some reason though I thought it happened 2 or 3 times that year all within a short period of time or Is my memory playing tricks on me? Me and Mrmatthews joined at about the same time I think, back than I was looking for more info on genesis games and came across this site and thought it was amazing how many reviews and articles were in one place, I especially enjoy reading the interviews which melf has done very excellently

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Yeah, Jesse and I were some of the original “Something Random” regulars

A Light In The Building. Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    If they don't request registration, I can't help them. If they really want to join the forum, they'd do something as simple as send me a PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    They are prompted. The forum FAQ explains it quite clearly under "Confirming Forum Registration:"
    Newbies don't read forum FAQs or know who to contact. I certainly didn't back when I joined. It needs to be mentioned on the registration form.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Come on, chessage. It's like reading the trouble shooting section of an electronics manual if you're having an issue with something. I think the average internet user knows to click on a help or FAQ tab if they're trying to figure something out. You want Ken to hold their dicks for them while they pee? ;p

Honestly he's not wholly wrong. I get a lot of PMs asking me to activate their accounts only to have to point them to Melf or forward it to him.
    05/05/15

A Light In The Building. Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    Come on, chessage. It's like reading the trouble shooting section of an electronics manual if you're having an issue with something.
    Try telling that to the Tim Taylors of the web.

I think the average internet user knows to click on a help or FAQ tab if they're trying to figure something out.
    In a perfect world, prof.

You want Ken to hold their dicks for them while they pee? ;p
    No, I just want the process foolproofed, direct & as hassle-free as possible. If the place is gonna stagnate, we can at least stop aggravating the problem.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Life!? ... What console is that on?

You mean all those game manuals I have are completely useless

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

I lurked for several years before joining in earnest. I think it's because I had a SegaCD issue and was trying to get it up and running again that prompted me to really create an account. Here and PCEngineFX and DigitalPress were my main haunts for many years, eventually I branched out to others but they were always the go to. Facebook groups have really taken a toll on forums though, which is a shame and many have been lost.

I'm pretty sure as long as Melf is around Sega16 will stay up in one form or another which is kind of reassuring personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by chessage View Post
    Newbies don't read forum FAQs or know who to contact. I certainly didn't back when I joined. It needs to be mentioned on the registration form.
    It's set so that they get sent an email with a confirmation link with instructions. It's not that hard, but many register and then don't even try to gain approval for weeks, months, or even years afterward. They delete the email or no longer have the account. That's not my responsibility.

It's 2019. They should at least be able to click a confirmation link or check the site FAQ to see what their next move should be. They can also send me a PM. Like I said, if they want to join, it's not that hard. I really don't know what else to do, and I honestly don't have time to guide every single new person through the process. It's as automated as I can make it.

I've gotten so many asks to activate accounts for posting that its safe to say a good enough portion of people are keeping this place alive. Simultaneously there is absolutely no spam, of which the same cannot be said of many forums that are this old. We keep the spam out and the members in.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    We keep the spam out and the members in.
    Also effective birth control without sacrificing pleasure.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

OMG, it's really been 10 years. Time does fly. Sorry I haven't been as active this past year. I can't believe how many of us started around that time and still active.

Old School Sega 4 Ever! Master of Shinobi Lan Di's Avatar

Melf, Baloo and the rest of the mods, I am thankful that this site is managed professionally and fairly. I'm damn proud to be a member since 2011.

The Best Genesis Master of Shinobi GohanX's Avatar

Only 10 years? Noob.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder
    Recently I sold the majority of my 32X games for a measly 18 bucks. With it, I bought some tacos. Definitely a more pleasing choice.

Thread Information