Quantcast

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Mega-CD/Sega CD FPGA Optical Disc Emulator

Road Rasher

I know its fpga and a quality product, but canadian393$ ( if its got import fees than more!) is waayyy past my budget, its 90$ more than the mega sg which is also fpga! Maybe one day... makes me wonder if kriikz can come up with a cheaper alternative and a new everddrive

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Received mine in the post late last week. Along with getting rid of a horrid Welsh dresser and replacing with some lovely Kallax shelves, I grabbed my Sony Amp and speakers out of storage to set up a quick play area.

Even after paying import taxes I paid less to play the games I did over the weekend than I would have buying the actual games. Add to that the fact it's better than the cheap Everdrive knock off i'd had up to that point and it's money well spent IMO

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    I know its fpga and a quality product, but canadian393$ ( if its got import fees than more!) is waayyy past my budget, its 90$ more than the mega sg which is also fpga! Maybe one day... makes me wonder if kriikz can come up with a cheaper alternative and a new everddrive
    Each FPGA have a limited capacity, you cannot fit a full 68K CPU emulator + Graphic chip emulator + PCM soundchip emulator + CD emulator, in the same FPGA than an everdrive that only emulate ROMs.
    It's like wanting to burn a bluray quality movie onto a CD-R, that's not possible.
    and of course, the bigger the FPGA, the higher it cost. (not counting the huge amount of FPGA software development required, and testing and resolving all the CD games compatibility)
    Retro Game Development -> http://onorisoft.free.fr/ <-
    on Megadrive, Dreamcast, PS1, Gameboy, PC engine, Atari, Jaguar

Death Adder's minion

Did anyone order an Mega SD during the last week? I did so a week ago and even my status shows "payment accepted" since the day i placed my order and the Mega SD is "in stock" it has not been shipped yet. I mean - why pay for "DHL Express" if the item itself is not being sent out within an reasonable amount of time.

Megadrive Owner Since1991 Wildside Expert

I like the idea of this product. Just annoyed that I bought a Mega Everdrive last year. So cannot justify this. Will wait and see what Krikkz comes up with.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MCJeffsy View Post
    I like the idea of this product. Just annoyed that I bought a Mega Everdrive last year. So cannot justify this. Will wait and see what Krikkz comes up with.
    You'd still be buying an additional product.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Rockadoodle View Post
    Did anyone order an Mega SD during the last week? I did so a week ago and even my status shows "payment accepted" since the day i placed my order and the Mega SD is "in stock" it has not been shipped yet. I mean - why pay for "DHL Express" if the item itself is not being sent out within an reasonable amount of time.
    It will take a while, the shipping office in Andorra gets overwhelmed easily. It took 3 weeks for mine to get out the country.
    Well worth the wait though, you just need some patience.

The Best Genesis Master of Shinobi GohanX's Avatar

Yeah the DHL office there is apparently run by a retarded monkey that can only process a few dozen packages a day. Yet, it's the best option for the area since at least DHL doesn't straight up lose packages with no explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder
    Recently I sold the majority of my 32X games for a measly 18 bucks. With it, I bought some tacos. Definitely a more pleasing choice.

Death Adder's minion

In the meantime they responded to my question regarding shipping delay. They told me it will be sent out next week which means it takes TWO (!!!) weeks between the order itself including payment approval and when they actually ship it out (even it was stated as "in stock" when i ordered it). Thats not a DHL problem. My experience with Terraonion so far isn't that great .

Thread Information