Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you still play?

Default How many of you still play?

I know some people keep the 32x attached, even if just to play Genesis/Mega Drive games. How many of you still play 32x games though? I'm sure over the years most people have played all the games they want, but some still have great replayability (Virtua Racing!). If you still play, how often do you?
    I am Mr_32X

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

I have my 32X hooked up to my CDX. What have I recently played? Well I did put in a bit of time with Tempo. Quirky, fun platformer.
    Admittedly though, I don't play 32X games very often.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Comrade as in friend. Master of Shinobi ComradeOj's Avatar

My 32X has a permanent home on top of my Genesis. I s-video modded the 32x, and it puts out really good looking video.

As far as games, I don't play them as often as Genesis games. I still like to play virtua racing, chaotix, metalhead, space harrier, and a few others every now and again.
    Modded consoles:
    Master System (v7040) with s-video & direct AV out
    Model 1 with 10mhz overclock & halt switches
    Model 1 with 10mhz 68010
    Model 2 VA2.3 with unfiltered Mega Amp, & s-video
    Model 3 VA1 with compatibility fixes & s-video
    32X with s-video
    Visit my web site at www.mode5.net
    Or my collection of homebrew Genesis games, programs, and music on SEGA-16!

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Been a couple years since I played a 32X game. I do keep the tumor on my Genesis.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

I started up Star Wars Arcade. I've never been good at that game...but for some odd reason decided to play it. I still couldn't do well, then decided to read the friggin manual. Helped out a lot...and got me far until I had to turn it off.
    I am Mr_32X

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Looks like I haven't touched it since I beat Night Trap about 2 years ago, which is sort of embarrassing. I used to play 32X a lot more, and beat 6-7 games over the course of the early 2010s. I put hours and hours into Motocross (I think it's kind of fun, sue me).

I think when I got to Butterbean in Toughman Contest and couldn't break through, it took the wind out of my sails a bit. Every time I fire up Tempo I also get frustrated; something about that game doesn't click for me.

I'd like to start working on T-Mek and see if it's any good.

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

I don't really enjoy anything on the 32X, to be honest. It didn't get a fair shake, and thus, has ████-all for a library. If it at least had a few shooters and RPGs, it would be something to mess with now and again, but no.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Atari Jaguar CD may be the only worse add on the system than 32X, Jag CD was manufactured broken and looks like a Toilet. 32X is a piece of shit all the same and it can be flushed down Jag CD's toilet. Never the less I want to hang on it just for its place in gaming history.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

^^
    Harsh. lol

Re the Jag CD, I have a fully working unit, and it has been so since purchase back in 2010. Iron Soldier 2 and Battlemorph are decent games.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

I want hyper duel and sengoku blade for 32X

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    ^^
    Harsh. lol

Re the Jag CD, I have a fully working unit, and it has been so since purchase back in 2010. Iron Soldier 2 and Battlemorph are decent games.
    I genuinely enjoyed Hover Strike on cart, janky though it is, so I'm genuinely curious about the CD sequel (really more of an update/expansion pack). I also want to play Highlander since it's exactly the kind of bad game I like.

Getting back to 32X, it's a shame that DarXide isn't more playable, though a few people claim to have conquered it. 3DOMan was going to post a detailed guide to the game but never did. There are also the rail shooters, but they kind of bum me out as a genre since button-mashing tends to be so prominent.

I have never unattached my 32X since the day I got it.

In the last 24 years, I can sit down and play Virtua Fighter and Shadow Squadron any time.
    Virtua Racing is up there too, but it's really Knuckles Chaotix that I only seem to pop in once in awhile just to enjoy how great looking and sounding it is.

Outside of that nothing really caught my interest for the system or didn't meet my expectations.

I honestly believe though that if there is even just one game that you enjoy playing for a system then the system is worth it.

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Thumbs up

I actually have only played 32x on emulator since my AV cables broke a couple yrs ago. But I have a great wireless gamepad, so it's still a great way to play games.

I play Doom like once or twice a year lol, as I'm not a huge FPS fan, and this is enough to satisfy that genre for me. Going thru the 1st 3 stages, then Level 17, is fairly satisfying.

I also love VRD and it took me forever to get in the top 5 rank on that mountain stage, the hardest stage, and also looks great, as it's the only track that resembles a real-life area. Now I still need to go thru the other stages on the same save file, in the top 5 rank, and it will finally unlock the mirror stages.

Haven't played other games much for the last couple / few yrs, but I do love Shadow Squadron (great freedom of movement), Virtua Fighter (I think this is considered the best home version?), Space Harrier (I could never get the code to work though). Kolibri is nice if u turn off the sound FX, the music is great.

I agree that a system only needs one (or a few) good/great games, to be worthwhile.

Oh god, Doom music on 32X is horrid. Put on the PC OST on your phone or PC while playing it at least.

Outrunner

Have played in the last couple of months... Went through a few levels in Doom (with the music off), it's fun but eventually I switched to PC Doom because I kept losing track of where I was with the low res and limited textures. VRD is fun for a few races. Tried to play through Chaotix but just couldn't, forgot how much I dislike the rubber band gimmick. I have to give Tempo another try one of these days, I find it annoying with all the stuff flying around in the backgrounds but I figure it will be worth finishing once.

Thread Information