Quantcast

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultracore coming on cartridge!!

Master of Shinobi

You can use Search or go to Sega Retro for this.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge size milestones @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150)

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

I've played quite a bit of Ultracore on the Mega SG, it's a lot of fun. It has some fast-paced run and gun sections similar to Demolition Man, but with plenty of slower-paced tactical sections similar to Mega Turrican. And the level design is reminiscent of Alien 3. On top of that, the presentation is fabulous with top notch graphics, and kick ass music and sound effects. It's a solid game overall. Wish it had gotten a normal release back in 95 or 96 or whenever it should have come out originally.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent Gryson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    You can use Search or go to Sega Retro for this.
    I think you misunderstand the question. The previous poster claimed that there were games optimized for both 50Hz and 60Hz in the same ROM.

Road Rasher

Genesis version went down in 5 minutes with 42% still left for the MD.

Wow. The bundle was sold out just as I pressed the payment button, though I started my order right after midnight. I did manage to get a single purchase copy of each variant though. When I was done with the purchases, I looked at the site and saw the US version was sold out too...

I'm so glad I managed to get the game. I've waited for so long, almost a whole decade...
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

SEGA Master Nameless One madperry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Wow. The bundle was sold out just as I pressed the payment button, though I started my order right after midnight. I did manage to get a single purchase copy of each variant though. When I was done with the purchases, I looked at the site and saw the US version was sold out too...

I'm so glad I managed to get the game. I've waited for so long, almost a whole decade...
    I think, like Limited Run, they will be back up tomorrow again for the remaining half. I got a Genesis version as well. Playing it on the mega sg is fine, but nothing beats playing it as intended.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

I got mine too, I'm really happy to be able to play this game after a long time, I'm a big fan of euro shooter.
    I hope I have no more surprises this month, I'm broke, I do not like mini console, but I supported Sega because of Darius, I also fulfilled an old dream with Mega SD, again please do not do anything great until next month lol

Site Supervillain Outrunner Vector's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Official releases? …honestly, I'm not sure if there are any (besides optimizing music only), but I don't remember the entire library off-hand.

On my end at least, Project MD does it,
    Was there Project MD planned for Genesis by you but cancelled (all footage looks like it was for PCs the colors etc) I asked you this many times in threads but never got an answer. Also now that it is sold out, will somebody dump the rom so I can play on Mega SD =)
    My Feedback : http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...orman-feedback
    My Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAhCCdRxXo
    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Is this guy the new forum villain? LOL
    They called me Mr. Glass =)

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    I think you misunderstand the question. The previous poster claimed that there were games optimized for both 50Hz and 60Hz in the same ROM.
    Ah sorry then. Is that even possible without duplicating the code? Best guess would be a mapper that detects region and then loads the corresponding rom, either that or one whole rom would have its adresses completely remapped like in official X-in-1 games right?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge size milestones @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150)

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

I was hoping it'd last 'til tuesday when I get some money, but nope. It's crazy that they sold 999 copies of a Mega Drive game in 2019 in an hour or so!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Genesis on fire, like a 2 years old, imagine Megaman X , Shinobi and Street Fighter 2 CE Remaster release.

Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    I was hoping it'd last 'til tuesday when I get some money, but nope. It's crazy that they sold 999 copies of a Mega Drive game in 2019 in an hour or so!
    Last edited by Chev Chelios; 06-22-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent Gryson's Avatar

Ah sorry then. Is that even possible without duplicating the code? Best guess would be a mapper that detects region and then loads the corresponding rom, either that or one whole rom would have its adresses completely remapped like in official X-in-1 games right?
    From the previous page:

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Official releases? …honestly, I'm not sure if there are any (besides optimizing music only), but I don't remember the entire library off-hand.

On my end at least, Project MD does it, Miniplanets does it, Arkagis Revolution will do it too. Tanglewood also does it if I remember correctly. It's definitely not impossible. There's some kind of expectation nowadays for a new commercial release to be able to adjust itself to the target framerate, albeit I don't think it's still the norm?

Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    Sorry you couldn't get a copy.

I suspect they have a strong hardcore (no pun intended) fan base who buys everything they release. But yeah, the Mega Drive is quite on fire this year.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Why am I not surprised about the outcome… (seriously, the business model of these limited run publishers is built entirely around getting collectors and scalpers rush to buy up all copies as soon as possible)

lolno, the game just has to pick different numbers instead of hardcoding them (either that or run game logic twice in PAL every 5 frames, in case there's CPU time to spare — not including drawing or the like tho, which can remain uncorrected). Figuring out how to handle the two speeds is much harder than picking it on the fly, so if you've sorted it out for separate ROMs, doing it in a single one isn't much of a stretch.

Most games don't even bother with speed correction tho (and when they do it's often just the music and not the game itself =​/).

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

It seems that there'll be a second batch in 16 hours, so they only put like 500 on sale. Even that is impressive. It's sad that most will go to scalpers that will sell it at double price... They should have put a limit per customer.

Thread Information