Quantcast

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ultracore coming on cartridge!!

Site Supervillain Outrunner Vector's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    This is one of the reasons that I've bought very few physical releases in recent years. I'm happy to pay for a rom if they release it that way, but I'm not giving money to a scalper. I think the retro scene needs to stop seeing physical releases as being important, we all have flashcarts now anyway.
    Isn't the scalper the person who ripped Rom from Mega SG, pressed carts and cases and sold them in limited quantities for the purpose of making money they spent for pressing said product without original developers efforts, hard drive retrieval and approval and so ebay scalpers as well can also make a profit?
    My Feedback : http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...orman-feedback
    My Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAhCCdRxXo
    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Is this guy the new forum villain? LOL
    They called me Mr. Glass =)

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Annoyance level:
    1- Knuckles' Chaotix
    2 - SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics' Super Heavyweight Emulator
    3 - Mega Drive/Genesis Mini Special Cheapo Controller Western Losers' Edition
    4 - Sonic Mania powered by Denuvo DRM
    5 - Sonic Forces
    6 - Garfield: The Forever Lost Levels
    7 - Shenmue III: In Bed with Epic Games
    8 - Ultracore = Hardcore + Mega SG exclusivity + gimmicky publisher tailored for scalpers
    9 - Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures: A Prototype Story by Top Men
    10 - Paprium

Denuvo was removed recently from Sonicmania.

Nameless One

This whole process with limited run is rigged.
    I wouldn't doubt that Limited Run sells games that are "sold out" on eBay and Amazon under an alias at inflated prices.

The sad thing is, this type of false market with selling games is making it less fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Annoyance level:
    1- Knuckles' Chaotix
    2 - SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics' Super Heavyweight Emulator
    3 - Mega Drive/Genesis Mini Special Cheapo Controller Western Losers' Edition
    4 - Sonic Mania powered by Denuvo DRM
    5 - Sonic Forces
    6 - Garfield: The Forever Lost Levels
    7 - Shenmue III: In Bed with Epic Games
    8 - Ultracore = Hardcore + Mega SG exclusivity + gimmicky publisher tailored for scalpers
    9 - Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures: A Prototype Story by Top Men
    10 - Paprium

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Barone again."

I couldn't have said it better.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by homerhomer View Post
    The sad thing is, this type of false market with selling games is making it less fun.
    Totally agree with you. It's the first time i buy something from this company and i am not so happy to support this kind of marketing. I really didn't like it. Next time (if any) i'll think twice before doing it again

I wouldn't doubt that Limited Run sells games that are "sold out" on eBay and Amazon under an alias at inflated prices.

While I can't say for sure that anything is rigged... I can tell you that Limited Run Games...isn't actually sold out on some of their stuff. When I attended the Portland Retro Gaming Expo last October, LRG had a booth there and had for sale several games in their standard releases that had been listed as Sold Out on their online store for quite some time. That was how I picked up my LRG versions of Wonderboy and Thimbleweed Park for the PS4. So I know that they keep a few back to have and sell at conventions and the like. And it makes sense in a way because if people know or suspect that they might have something for sale that they no longer offer on their site, then it gives people a reason to visit their booth.

I was able to get my order in on Saturday. I really do love physical releases for good games (both the game and the physical stuff). Here's hoping that Ultracore is quality on both fronts.

And I agree with the sentiment here; there should be a generous pre-order window instead of a limited quantity. I bet there would have been more than 999 units sold if they just gave people a chance.
    Sega Dude

Visit me @ Retro Megabit

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    While I can't say for sure that anything is rigged... I can tell you that Limited Run Games...isn't actually sold out on some of their stuff. When I attended the Portland Retro Gaming Expo last October, LRG had a booth there and had for sale several games in their standard releases that had been listed as Sold Out on their online store for quite some time. That was how I picked up my LRG versions of Wonderboy and Thimbleweed Park for the PS4. So I know that they keep a few back to have and sell at conventions and the like. And it makes sense in a way because if people know or suspect that they might have something for sale that they no longer offer on their site, then it gives people a reason to visit their booth.
    To be fair, it may have been leftover emergency stock. Remember that when shipping some copies will get lost of damaged, so having a few excess copies to ship for these cases makes sense. After everybody got their own copies the remaining stock would be pure loss tho, so it'd make sense to sell them at booths (where they also won't have to worry about shipping since the copies are coming with themselves, and once sold it's not their problem anymore as it's done in person).

Not sure if that's the case but I wouldn't be surprised, it wouldn't be the first time it has been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    To be fair, it may have been leftover emergency stock. Remember that when shipping some copies will get lost of damaged, so having a few excess copies to ship for these cases makes sense. After everybody got their own copies the remaining stock would be pure loss tho, so it'd make sense to sell them at booths (where they also won't have to worry about shipping since the copies are coming with themselves, and once sold it's not their problem anymore as it's done in person).

Not sure if that's the case but I wouldn't be surprised, it wouldn't be the first time it has been done.
    Exactly. I've heard that Sony has a strict 1000 min limit for doing physical releases. So it makes sense that they would have a few hundred extra made up that they don't consider for sale on the web store and to keep on hand for those damaged in shipping, etc.

Does Ultracore have any kind of map system? Or have something where you can find a map for each stage?

There is a screenshot with a map on the official site
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Master of Shinobi

It definitely is.
    Case in point: a couple weeks ago I bought a brand new sealed copy of Game Tenguku on eBay for the same price it would have cost me to get it from LRG. I was wondering how and why someone had it in hand before LRG had shipped copies, and why they'd effective sell it at a loss.
    The copy I received is sealed, but the UPC has a circle cut out of it. In any case it would suggest there are more than the declared number of copies being sold.

edit, this:
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    I also got a PAX variant of Senko No Ronde 2 sealed from an eBay seller who had a bunch of copies of it, like a year after it was sold out.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

How much was this? I totally missed it of course. I saw a US version on eBay for £89.99.

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    How much was this? I totally missed it of course. I saw a US version on eBay for £89.99.
    €45 plus shipping.

Master of Shinobi

it was like 45 $ plus shipping I think
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge size milestones @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150)

Thread Information