Quantcast

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: GAME HUNTING TIPS?!?!

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

There are still deals to be found. I see them on Facebook and Instagram sometimes, and I know plenty of people that are still doing well. It's all relative though.

If you want to find the deals though you have to put in the time, that's the best advice I can give.

For thrifts: find a good route and hit it as often as you can, vary the times, and log which is working better for you in terms of getting good stuff that's out on the floor. See if you can determine any patterns (there may be none) and work from there.

Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace have the occasional gems but you need to be fast. Determine if you'd rather spend your time hunting, or spend more and have the free time. As I get older I'm willing to pay to just have it so I don't have to scrape through crowds but I still hit my routes occasionally. Normally it's no good but sometimes I do well.

If you're at all interested in modern stuff check out the Gamestop threads, there are people that have flipping there down to an art. Gamestop has helped my a ton with my Wii U collection and has also helped my keep my overall prices super low. When you cut out shipping it adds up, even if you're still paying tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by needler420 View Post
    I have had insane crazy deals that I just don't post because either the regulars here just won't believe it or I may not want to put it in the open like that. Competition is very fierce.
    So you're saying you don't want to post your finds because of some sort of jealously or testosterone invoked responses it might invoke? Personally, I'd be interested in everyone's finds regardless of how good they are. Especially if those people are across the country.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

I used to see good deals on retro games like 10 years ago when video rental stores were going out of business and selling off their inventory. These days, thrift stores near me never seem to have old games, so I mostly hunt online. Though, not as much lately. For eBay, my only tips are to save searches with notifications if looking for specific titles, and try making offers to see if sellers will lower their prices. I found an old catalog from the days of FuncoLand from around 2000, and that had to be the best time for deals on 16-bit era games (Gain Ground for $8... Gaiares for $4). Those days are long gone, but rarer titles aside, reasonable deals online do show up here and there.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BubsyFan1 View Post
    So you're saying you don't want to post your finds because of some sort of jealously or testosterone invoked responses it might invoke? Personally, I'd be interested in everyone's finds regardless of how good they are. Especially if those people are across the country.
    I agree with this. We are manchildren but not children.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Wildside Expert

You can still find good deals on Ebay if you know what to look for. The best way is to search newly listed items in a certain category (I always search "Sega"). I recently just missed out on a CIB Dragon Force for Saturn for that a seller listed for $80 because it had a cracked case (which is easily replaceable). I also saw a Dreamcast "Speed Devils" clean variation sell for $15 because the seller obviously wasn't aware of the variation. Nearly every day I see games sell for $50 - $100 less than they are worth for various reasons. I bought a mint CIB "Mortal Kombat Trilogy" for Saturn for $40 last year. Seller may have confused it with "UMK3" when he checked the price, but whatever, my gain.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Speed-Devil...p2047675.l2557

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragon-Forc...p2047675.l2557

Another tip is to look at game lots for sale. Often times you can flip the individual games you don't want for what you paid for the entire lot, then you basically get your games(s) for free.

Thread Information