Quantcast

Thread: Ys- The Vanished Omens

Master System Ys- The Vanished Omens

The only Ys released on the Master System was a port of the first game, and while it lacks the advanced features of its CD-ROM cousin, it offers an excellent rendition of the classic action/RPG. Adol's first adventure is one anyone with Sega's 8-bit machine should play, and it still holds up, even with its somewhat clunky combat. Read our full review for more information.

I agree with the review, it's an awesome game and I prefer this over Phantasy Star As well. My favorite RPG on the system too
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Ys 1 (mainly the TG16 and PSP ports) is my fave game ever. I bought two SMS copies and neither worked with my SMS. I was going to try a 3rd then the game shot up in price. SO oh well. I don't think the combat is clunky at all in the TG version at least. One of the finer examples of the bump system.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

It's interesting for what it is, but it is also seriously flawed. The difficulty balance is messed up, for one. You have to grind like mad in the SMS version and it takes a loooooooong time. When I first played it, I was like "Meh, whatever" even though the word "meh" did not exist at the time. Actually do people still say "meh"? I don't want to date myself. I should ask on Twitter if that is still a viable word here in the future year of 2019. Anyway, when it was announced for the Turbo CD, I was like "Why THAT game? It's OK but I guess I'm not too sad because I don't have that system and I want all of the GOOD games to be on the Genesis". You see, I was a fanboy. Then my friend bought a Turbo CD and that game. I was pretty impressed. Eventually I myself got a Turbo and the CD unit, along with Ys. I was an instant and life-long fan from there on out. I because curious about the Master System port again and picked up a used copy. It was more interesting to me now because of my familiarity with the Turbo game. But still... Aron ain't no Adol.

SITE SUPERVILLAIN Outrunner Vector's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    It's interesting for what it is, but it is also seriously flawed. The difficulty balance is messed up, for one. You have to grind like mad in the SMS version and it takes a loooooooong time. When I first played it, I was like "Meh, whatever" even though the word "meh" did not exist at the time. Actually do people still say "meh"? I don't want to date myself. I should ask on Twitter if that is still a viable word here in the future year of 2019. Anyway, when it was announced for the Turbo CD, I was like "Why THAT game? It's OK but I guess I'm not too sad because I don't have that system and I want all of the GOOD games to be on the Genesis". You see, I was a fanboy. Then my friend bought a Turbo CD and that game. I was pretty impressed. Eventually I myself got a Turbo and the CD unit, along with Ys. I was an instant and life-long fan from there on out. I because curious about the Master System port again and picked up a used copy. It was more interesting to me now because of my familiarity with the Turbo game. But still... Aron ain't no Adol.
    I'm in my 30s and still use meh even still in 2019. What is the best pound per pound version IYO Joe, Melf and others? It seems available for every system LOL, so I'm curious. The English translation and cut scenes of recent TG16CD hack?
    My Feedback : http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...orman-feedback
    My Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAhCCdRxXo
    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Is this guy the new forum villain? LOL
    They called me Mr. Glass =)

Good review but for me it's more like a 7. I prefer the combat and exploration style in Golvellius and Zelda, and yeah the grinding is kind of annoying (though you can easily fix that with codes I suppose). Some of the quest/puzzle design isn't that good either.

I'd say the Chronicles version is the best, though it doesn't improve on the quest design.
    On a wave of mutilation

https://minirevver.weebly.com/

Thread Information