Quantcast

Thread: U.S. NTSC Sega 32X Collectors Guide

Sports Talker

Default U.S. NTSC Sega 32X Collectors Guide

I haven't seen anything like this for 32X. Here is all the info I have gathered. If you have opened a game please share your findings. I would like to get all of the inserts scanned and posted in this thread. I am also looking for any other 32X related gear that was released in North America. This list will be updated as more is found.

32X Games

Cartridge games came in boxes made with bleached(white) cardboard except where noted. Most of the Sega published games came with a Sega Visions magazine subscription/registration card, and some came with a Sega apparel catalog. I have gone through many auction pictures and previous forum threads in an attempt to verify all contents. Items in blue have had the contents verified from a sealed game.

1. After Burner Complete Visions Registration, Sega Gear catalog
    2. BC Racers Brown cardboard box variant
    3. Blackthorne Brown cardboard box variant
    4. Brutal: Above The Claw None
    5. Cosmic Carnage Visions Registration, Sega Gear catalog
    6. Doom Visions Registration, Sega Gear catalog
    7. Golf Magazine: 36 Great Holes Starring Fred Couples Special Sega Sports Edition of Golf Magazine, Visions Registration, Sega Gear catalog
      golf.jpg
    8. Knuckles' Chaotix Visions Registration(WA 11 Variant), Sega Gear catalog
    9. Kolibri Visions Registration, Sega Gear catalog
    10. Metal Head Visions Registration
    11. Mortal Kombat II game specific registration card
      mkii.jpeg
    12. Motocross Championship Visions Registration, Sega Gear catalog
    13. NBA Jam Tournament Edition Black Acclaim plastic case, Acclaim Dream Team poster, game specific registration card
      nba.jpg
    14. NFL Quarterback Club Black Acclaim plastic case, Defense/Offense poster, game specific registration card
    15. Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure Pitfall 32X poster
      pitfall.jpeg
    16. Primal Rage Brown cardboard variant, Visions Registration, Sega Gear catalog
    17. RBI Baseball '95 "A Whole Season of RBI" contest entry card
      rbi.jpg
    18. Shadow Squadron Sega Gear catalog
    19. Space Harrier Visions Registration, Sega Gear catalog
    20. Spider-Man: Web of Fire Visions Registration(WA 11 Variant), Sega Gear catalog
    21. Star Trek: Starfleet Academy Starship Bridge Simulator Visions Registration, Sega Gear catalog
    22. Star Wars Arcade Visions Registration
    23. T-Mek Brown cardboard variant, Visions Registration, Sega Gear catalog
    24. Tempo Visions Registration
    25. Toughman ContestButterbean/special moves card, EA registration card
    26. Virtua Fighter Visions Registration, Sega Gear catalog
    27. Virtua Racing Deluxe Visions Registration, Sega Gear catalog
    28. World Series Baseball Starring Deion Sanders Sega Saturn registration card
    29. WWF RAW Black Acclaim plastic case, Acclaim Dream Team poster, game specific registration card
    30. WWF WrestleMania: The Arcade Game Black Acclaim plastic case, Acclaim Dream Team poster(Possibly black/silver Acclaim poster), game specific registration card
    31. Zaxxon's Motherbase 2000 Visions Registration, Sega Gear catalog

CD 32X Games

1. Fahrenheit Double pack - Includes Sega CD version of game, Sega CD/Saturn style plastic longbox, no inserts

The following Digital Pictures Sega CD 32X games were all released in a cardboard gatefold box. They were published and developed by Digital Pictures but manufactured and distributed by Acclaim. All four titles had the exact same contents: "More Cool Stuff!" Digital Pictures clothing card, "Rough Day?" Digital Pictures catalog, and a Digital Pictures temporary tattoo.

2. Corpse Killer
    3. Night Trap
    4. Slam City with Scottie Pippen
    5. Supreme Warrior

Hardware

There are at least seven(!) different package variations of the console, quite a bit for such a short shelf life.

Launch model

$10 coupon model

Star Wars

Doom

Virtua Fighter

Canadian model w/Virtua Fighter

Refurbished w/Doom and Cosmic Carnage

Everything Else

Virtua Fighter Training Pack A promotional pack that sold in stores. It included a seven minute game tip VHS that highlighted the game and upcoming 32x games. It also included a $20 coupon for the game(or $40 for the system), and a white X-Large Virtua Fighter shirt.
    Last edited by madhatter; 07-15-2019 at 03:08 AM.

Thanks for this! I have a few items, however, I've got to find more info before posting. I didn't realize there were that many variants for the 32X. I knew there were some just not as many. Very awesome!
    I am Mr_32X

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Yeah the number of hardware variants is bizarre, you can tell they were grasping for straws near the end with all the rebrands.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Blast Processing! Death Adder's minion Bear78's Avatar

Are all the games listed with "Visions Registration" the WJ 41 version? I was trying to figure out if the contents of my games are correct and most of the cards look to be WA 11 while I have a WJ 41 (I haven't checked all my 32x games yet).

Also, is it random what games came with a horizontal cart holder vs a vertical one?
    Last edited by Bear78; 09-26-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Thread Information