Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Attempt to beat all U.S. 32X games

  1. #1
    Wildside Expert Legend77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Attempt to beat all U.S. 32X games

    I've decided that since I've collected all the U.S. games, then why not try and finish them all? It will be a challenge for me because I'm terrible at some of the games. I have finished some in the past, but I'll redo them all just to add to it.

    The biggest problem I have right now is I have no way to play the CD based games, so until I get an attachment or the CDX, I'm unable to play those.

    Right now I've got Knuckles Chaotix in the 32X. I figured it would be a good start to the session and so far it's been enjoyable. I love how it differs from Sonic games and is its own thing. Wish me luck or whatever, cause I'll be struggling with a few of these games. Yes, Spiderman is out of order on my list but it's an old one I had copied.

    Games left:

    1) After Burner
    2) B.C. Racers
    3) Blackthorne
    4) Brutal: Above the Claw
    5) Corpse Killer CD
    6) Cosmic Carnage
    7) Doom
    8) Farenheight CD
    9) Golf Magazine:36 Great Holes
    10) Kolibri
    12) Metal Head
    13) Mortal Kombat 2
    14) Motocross Championship
    15) NBA Jam TE
    16) NFL Quaterback Club
    17) Night Trap CD
    18) Pitfall:the Mayan Adventure
    19) Primal Rage
    20) RBI Baseball '95
    21) Shadow Squadron
    22) Slam City CD
    23) Space Harrier
    24) Spiderman: Web of Fire
    25) Star Trek:Starfleet Academy
    26) Star Wars Arcade
    27) Supreme Warrior CD
    28) T-Mek
    29) Tempo
    30) Toughman Contest Boxing
    32) Virtua Racing Deluxe
    33) World Series Baseball '95
    34) WWF Raw
    35) WWF Wrestlemania Arcade
    36) Zaxxon Motherbase 2000
    Last edited by Legend77; 08-21-2019 at 04:18 PM.
    I am Mr_32X

  2. #2
    Nameless One
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Good luck ! Iíve beaten a fair few 32x titles in my time.

    I cannot for the life of me beat Star Wars Arcade though, the game seems to drop to pieces in the internal levels and I canít work out any strategy to get through them. Perhaps two players are needed ?

    Motherbase I finished but had to drop the difficultly level to Ďeasyí (it was still hard).

    Iím currently playing through Tempo but belatedly realised the password system does not save your increased health. It reverts you back to standard health levels so it really needs to be beat in one sitting.

  3. #3
    Wildside Expert Legend77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Yeah Star Wars Arcade is one that I have a lot of trouble with. I'm not against lowering the difficulty as some of us aren't as skilled as others. Take MK2...I am terrible. I have to go very easy just to beat it cause even then it seems to jack up in the difficulty. I'll try to not have to do that.

    Thanks for the heads up on Tempo. I wasn't aware of that. I'm really not looking forward to some of these games...like the NFL game. Ugh.
    I am Mr_32X

  4. #4
    Heat Guy WCPO Agent Lync's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    890
    Rep Power
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legend77 View Post
    Right now I've got Knuckles Chaotix in the 32X. I figured it would be a good start to the session and so far it's been enjoyable. I love how it differs from Sonic games and is its own thing. Wish me luck or whatever, cause I'll be struggling with a few of these games. Yes, Spiderman is out of order on my list but it's an old one I had copied.
    Good ending on Knuckles' Chaotix or it isn't legit.

    I spent an entire summer getting that last Chaos Ring. People often seem to remark how the special stages are a strong-point for the game, but I seriously doubt many have actually completed them all.





    So remember these God-forsaken words: 'Out of Bounds'

  5. #5
    Wildside Expert Legend77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lync View Post
    Good ending on Knuckles' Chaotix or it isn't legit.

    I spent an entire summer getting that last Chaos Ring. People often seem to remark how the special stages are a strong-point for the game, but I seriously doubt many have actually completed them all.





    So remember these God-forsaken words: 'Out of Bounds'
    While I agree, problem is I'm married, have a family and work full time. I don't get a lot of playtime on the 32X. If this was my younger days, I would do this, but I'm the point I'll try and take what I can get. I've completed a few, but I don't want to push myself when I get to play once or twice a week. Perhaps when time allows I will try for the best ending, but for now, I doubt I'll be able to obtain it anytime soon.
    I am Mr_32X

  6. #6
    Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,429
    Rep Power
    90

    Default

    This is a great project. I've thought for a while about doing something similar myself, since the 32X library is one of the most "achievable" of all systems -- it can be beaten without tens of thousands of hours of commitment.

    So far, I've only beaten seven of them, and am close to beating an eighth (I've made it to Butterbean on Toughman Contest, need to get back to that one and finish it off...).

    Let me also point this thread out:

    Can Sega-16 Finally Complete the Genesis, PAL MD, Sega CD, and 32X Libraries in 2019?

    We've got nine US 32X games left to beat, namely:

    BC Racers
    NBA Jam Tournament Edition
    NFL Quarterback Club
    R.B.I. Baseball '95
    Slam City with Scottie Pippen (CD 32X)
    Star Trek: Starfleet Academy Starship Bridge Simulator
    Supreme Warrior (CD 32X)
    T-MEK
    Toughman Contest

    I know you can't help with the CD 32X games just yet (and those are probably the gnarliest games remaining), but anything you beat on that list would be a welcome contribution.

  7. #7
    Wildside Expert Legend77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I forgot about that thread honestly. I know for a while I would play NBA Jam and got decent at it. I also enjoyed T-Mek what time I played on it. I do tend to be horrible at sports games as I'm not big into sports. I will keep you up to date if and when I beat them. I still need to get back on Knuckles.
    I am Mr_32X

  8. #8
    Wildside Expert Legend77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Having finally played a bit more Knuckles Chaotic, ugh, I'm just not having fun with it. Some of the things I've read or heard over the years, I'm finally understanding. I would be fine without a partner, plus the fact the levels are feeling too "same-ish" to me. The level design, as I've been playing, just feels poor. I'm not sure how close I am to finishing it, but I'm def reaching the point to where I'm ready for it to end.
    I am Mr_32X

  9. #9
    Nameless One
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Yeah itís a game better finished in multiple short bursts. The chaos levels break things up but they can get choppy. Iíve finished it with all Emeralds but Iíve no desire to go back and play with different characters.

  10. #10
    Do you have TP??? Raging in the Streets Cornholio857's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,042
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legend77 View Post
    Having finally played a bit more Knuckles Chaotic, ugh, I'm just not having fun with it. Some of the things I've read or heard over the years, I'm finally understanding. I would be fine without a partner, plus the fact the levels are feeling too "same-ish" to me. The level design, as I've been playing, just feels poor. I'm not sure how close I am to finishing it, but I'm def reaching the point to where I'm ready for it to end.
    5 Attractions (Zones) over 5 Levels (Acts). Then a Metal Sonic boss fight and finally Metal Sonic Kai if I remember right.

  11. #11
    Wildside Expert Legend77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Finally got to play more this morning. I was able to finish one area completely. I keep failing Amazing Arena because I'm missing something in Level 3. That's annoying, but not as bad as the game freezing up on me a couple of times.
    I am Mr_32X

  12. #12
    Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,169
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legend77 View Post
    I keep failing Amazing Arena because I'm missing something in Level 3.
    If you haven't figured it out, the gimmick in Amazing Arena is that every level has a switch you need to hit that starts a nearby clock and changes the music and color palette. Triggering that is the only way to pass each level. Every once in a while you'll see a hint consisting of an arrow pointing in its general direction.

  13. #13
    Wildside Expert Legend77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Knuckles Chaotix is finished, bad ending. There were some things I did like about the game, but the negatives really held it back for me. I found myself wanting the game to hurry and end, as the fun factor wasn't there for me. I've heard people say it's the best exclusive, but I disagree.

    I honestly wish a bit more time had gone in to it, as there was a lot of edges that needed a good polish. Aside from that, it's not the worst 32X game. I liked where they tried to go with it, but it didn't execute well enough for me.

    Not sure what the next game will be, but I'm glad Knuckles is done
    I am Mr_32X

  14. #14
    Heat Guy WCPO Agent Lync's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    890
    Rep Power
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legend77 View Post
    Knuckles Chaotix is finished, bad ending. There were some things I did like about the game, but the negatives really held it back for me. I found myself wanting the game to hurry and end, as the fun factor wasn't there for me. I've heard people say it's the best exclusive, but I disagree.

    I honestly wish a bit more time had gone in to it, as there was a lot of edges that needed a good polish. Aside from that, it's not the worst 32X game. I liked where they tried to go with it, but it didn't execute well enough for me.

    Not sure what the next game will be, but I'm glad Knuckles is done
    Knuckles Chaotix has no lives or continues, ie. there is no Game Over.

    Getting the bad ending then isn't even a participation award.

    So I swear to God if you don't go back and get that good ending, I'm setting this thread on fire.

  15. #15
    Wildside Expert Legend77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Set it on fire then. I'm not trying to sound rude, but this isn't about getting the best ending on every game or beating them on the hardest difficulty. I don't have the gaming time like I used to...wife, children, full time job. I don't understand why it's that big of a deal to you that I have to get the good ending? Geez can't I just play the games?
    I am Mr_32X

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •