Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you reading now?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Jake Armitage's Avatar

Default What are you reading now?

I am a pretty heavy reader - 6-7 books a week is not unusual for me. Lately I have been reading some of the later Shadowrun (I read the 40 original FASA Shadowrun novels as they came out) fiction. I am currently in the middle of Shadowrun: Spells and Chrome - a collection of short stories set in the Shadowrun Universe. (Jake Armitage is the main character in the SNES SHadowrun game.)

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Captain Commando right now (manga)
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Lives of the Noble Greeks and Romans by Plutarch
    With the Old Breed by E. B. Sledge
    Reformed Dogmatics Vol 3 by Herman Bavinck

Sega 16 forums~
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Sega 16 forums~
    The "As the World Turns" of the internet?

Nameless One

On the Shortness of Life by Seneca

I just got this in the mail and am glancing through it (not really the type of book you "read"):

510VA0MDNZL._SX361_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It has the toy pages from the Sears Christmas catalogs from 1951 to 1969. Kind of interesting how the toys got more varied and complex over the years. And how the popular themes would change over the years.

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

I was pretty excited that I started a new game of Pier Solar in Spanish, so I can get a grip on the language, finally. Games like this are like an interactive book imo (because there's so much text and reading involved).

I also haven't played Pier Solar since it came out, so it's a new experience to me, again. I just took a break after saving Hoston's father, and meeting Edessot at his house, so I'll have to go back to it, and return to that ancient garden.

Master of Shinobi Crystalpepsifan's Avatar

Recently finished Annihilation, the first book in the Southern Reach trilogy. Slow at times, but had me wanting to finish the rest of the books. About half way through rereading Off Season by Jack Ketchum. A criminally underrated horror novel by a criminally underrated writer.

AKA Mister Xiado WCPO Agent Raijin Z's Avatar

Dead Mount Death Play. About a master necromancer in a fantasy world who casts a reincarnation spell on himself as he is about to be killed by a hero, and is transmigrated to modern Earth, in the body of a boy who had been assassinated. Hijinks ensue.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

The 120 Days of Sodom, by the Marquis De Sade. Hilarious and arousing all at the same time. A classic piece of literature. Mega Drive Bowlsey approves! (disclaimer) The book is pure filth from start to finish, with every perversity imaginable contained therein. The easily offended need not apply. You have been warned!

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    The 120 Days of Sodom, by the Marquis De Sade. Hilarious and arousing all at the same time. A classic piece of literature. Mega Drive Bowlsey approves! (disclaimer) The book is pure filth from start to finish, with every perversity imaginable contained therein. The easily offended need not apply. You have been warned!
    It certainly is a piece of work from a somewhat unique discipline (pun intended).

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    It certainly is a piece of work from a somewhat unique discipline (pun intended).
    De Sade was a fascinating character and I love his style of writing...and thinking.

I picked up the first 5 books of the Crosstime Engineer series by Leo A. Frankowski awhile back and read the first book and half of the second yesterday. I am enjoying them a lot and will pick up the rest soon.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

I tend not to read physical books so much these days, and most of what I do is reading with my kids. But I do listen to audio books a lot. I travel regularly for work so sticking an audio book on is a regular thing, plus i find that sticking a book on a 30 minute timer is great for helping me get to sleep at night.... even if it means i often have to backtrack to the point i drifted off

I'm currently listening to the Mistborn series and I'm about 3/4 of the way through Hero of Ages

Thread Information