Quantcast

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: @Sega: fix the Mega Drive Mini sound delay or riot!

Master of Shinobi

I'm sure M2 could've made the emulation significantly better if they had the time to, but most likely they were given some ridiculous deadline, like "get this done by next week".

How long before people start arguing that AtGames was doing a better job?

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    How long before people start arguing that AtGames was doing a better job?
    That will NEVER happen, no one will ever say that SHATGAMES did a better job at all. They're finally gone, it's all in the past now, time to move on from those dark times.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    If y'all accept mediocrity, then companies will never strive for excellence. M2 can no longer be classified as "excellent".
    Absolutely. If you let shit pass, you will get more of it in the future. There is no progress in that.

Road Rasher

I feel like M2 wasted valuable time reprogramming Tetris and the darius port, 2 games that i really don’t care and probably will never play... its not as exciting as star fox 2!! The 3ds sega ports were amazing, this looks just barely ok, the frames and scanlines definitely looks terrible, and no pixel perfect option? Come on!

Master of Shinobi

Yeah but many people don't care about the other 40 games because they can already play them in multiple platforms for the past 30 years, unlike Darius MD & Tetrix Redux
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Star Fox 2 has been available to play on SNES for many years. Two new ports/versions of games for Mega Drive is priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Star Fox 2 on the SNES Mini wasn't the same version that was floating around tho (and from what I could see, it actually disappointed some people because it turned out to be easier? I guess we can treat the prototype as a "pro" version now…).

For what's worth it, it was Sega (well, the Western side) who asked to see if they could include surprise games. The problem is that there really wasn't anything else they could throw in that could have any serious impact… (turns out that a lot of the stuff that could have been it had actually been released in some form). So huh, blame Sega for "wasting time" I guess, not M2 (this probably was another reason for the delay from April to September…)

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

The port of Darius is the most exciting thing on the console in my opinion. As someone said, that's a legit new game. I can't wait till it's dumped. I'm gonna make such a gorgeous repro...

Don't expect it to be dumped soon. Super Turrican Directors Cut hasn't been dumped from the ANALogue Super Nt. Ultracore hasn't been dumped from the Mega Sg. And this is data that is literally IN the firmware that you download for the systems each time you update it. I expect M2 to lock that up just as tight. If they don't I'll be amazed. Never say never though!

The Star Fox 2 version from the SNES Classic got dumped quickly, didn't it?

Remember, the Analogue consoles are FPGA-based and they embedded the games into the FPGA blobs themselves (which are encoded into a weird-ass format that's intended to be easy for the FPGA to decode, and FPGAs are very much non-traditional regarding this). The Minis are cheapo ARM-based hardware that tends to get cracked on the first week.

Still expecting somebody to make an exploit to not just hack the Mini but change whatever is causing the audio lag. Or maybe literally just change that lol

Really can't wait for mine to come back next week
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent Gryson's Avatar

After all of this, the final release doesn't even have the audio lag?

https://youtu.be/N_kYRwfCdHQ?t=1241

I mean, can anybody hear any audio lag as Sonic hits the box here? https://youtu.be/hLNk6mQDC0I?t=442

So either they managed to fix it in time, or the early review units were just messed up?

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Lol. I hope that's the case. I really want this little console to do well, and be received well.

Sonic jumping before hitting that box may be a better metric.

I can't tell for sure if there's a tiny bit or audio lag or it's I'm just looking too hard but it doesn't sound like almost 1/5th a second worth of lag…

Thread Information