Quantcast

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Re-releases of Mega Man: Wily Wars and Toaplan shmups by Retro-Bit Gaming

Megadrive Re-releases of Mega Man: Wily Wars and Toaplan shmups by Retro-Bit Gaming

https://www.destructoid.com/extremel...--564617.phtml

Nice! I wonder what the extras are?

http://gametyrant.com/news/retro-bit...-gamescom-2019

ALL YOUR COLLECTOR TOPGOLD ARE BELONG TO US!!

Seriously, I'll pick up Truxton. Classic Game Room helped inflate the price of that game really well!
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker StandardDeluxe's Avatar

I already have all of those in original Japanese format, but I am tempted by Wily Wars depending on what extra tat is included...

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

I was wondering if retro-bit would publish something for the md/gen also after their snes/nes releases and I am happy to hear they are! I just have Fire Shark, so i am definitely interested in the other re-releases.

Zero Wing, Hellfire and fire shark gonna enter in my collection for sure, FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

THIS is exactly what I'd like to see nowadays. Releases for games that we never received here in the States and re-releases for rare or overpriced games. Hopefully the quality is up to snuff.

Extreme Procrastinator Master of Shinobi Flygon's Avatar

What is the quality of their rereleases thus far?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Eazy's Avatar

Hellfire is totally underrated in my eyes. Love its difficulty, for sure more people need to play it.

Oh wow! I just can't wait to give a shitload of money to some scalper for these!

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Not that it matters, but do re-releases of games like these hurt the value of existing collectible originals? I always hear it does, but I never see it reflected in the prices. I like that stuff is being re-released, but I'd like to have original stuff, if at all possible. It would be cool is Sega would allow these companies to use official Sega branded box art, etc. Either way, this is a welcome alternative to the craziness that has become the retro-gaming market.

Depends on how whinny the collectors are that day.

Nowadays the focus through is on pristine original copies from back in the day, so I'm going to guess no these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    Not that it matters, but do re-releases of games like these hurt the value of existing collectible originals? I always hear it does, but I never see it reflected in the prices.
    I hear some years ago, when the SD cart for the Saturn was released, the price for Panzer Dragoon Saga on eBay dropped a bit.

It would be cool is Sega would allow these companies to use official Sega branded box art, etc.
    Considering these guys work with Sega to bring officially licensed and newly produced controllers, I think that door is closed and Retro-Bit Gaming's design is as close as you can get to the originals with Sega's approval.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon View Post
    What is the quality of their rereleases thus far?
    I can't speak for all of their releases, but I did pick up their Holy Diver Collector's Edition for the NES and it was pretty nice for the price. Funny enough, while it works perfect with my original NES and AVS, their own Super Retro Trio sometimes has trouble starting it until I hit reset.

They also tweeted a while back about using the correct voltage flash in their releases.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

It's cool they're re-releasing these. I'll probably pick up Zero Wing since it never had a NA release. Looks like Retro Bit is going to be releasing some Genesis/MD and Saturn controllers in candy red as well?

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

Hmmm, might have to think about that Hammerin Harry and Undercover Cops re-release. Real copies of both are a bit pricey, though the Japanese Harry is still fairly priced. It's the Famicom sequel that has gone ballistic in value.

Not that it matters, but do re-releases of games like these hurt the value of existing collectible originals? I always hear it does, but I never see it reflected in the prices. I like that stuff is being re-released, but I'd like to have original stuff, if at all possible. It would be cool is Sega would allow these companies to use official Sega branded box art, etc. Either way, this is a welcome alternative to the craziness that has become the retro-gaming market.
    I agree. Why aren't we seeing the Sega logo on these games? And I don't love the top banner on the covers. I'd prefer these re-releases looked exactly like the originals. If these are officially licenses by Sega there is no reason why they can't be identical. I don't mind if Retro-Bit puts there logo on there somewhere but I don't like it being as prominent as it is.

And the quality needs to be absolutely perfect on everything.

Despite my criticism this is amazing news. The more re-releases the better... but they need to be done right.
    I'll be all in or all out depending on how these turn out.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Thread Information