Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lion King/Aladdin remasters for PS4,XBO,NSW,PC are coming

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Genesis Lion King/Aladdin remasters for PS4,XBO,NSW,PC are coming

https://gematsu.com/2019/08/aladdin-...ncement-leaked

A remaster collection including the 1993-released Aladdin game and 1994-released The Lion King game, both originally developed by Virgin Interactive for Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo Entertainment System (The Lion King-only), will be available to pre-order for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch starting August 28 at GameStop and launch this fall, the retailer announced during a presentation at the 2019 GME Conference.

News of the announcement first surfaced via Twitter user @wolverinefactor, and was followed up by GameXplain with an off-screen image (above). A separate source has corroborated and supplied additional information to Gematsu.

Both Aladdin and The Lion King are reportedly playable in original and 1080p resolutions, and include their original soundtracks. New features include the ability to fast-forward and rewind to jump to any part of the game, as well as have the game itself take over to show the player how to clear the stage.

As this news was presented at the 2019 GME Conference, which is a GameStop exhibition, it is currently unknown whether the collection is also planned for PC. However, given that it will be available on all current consoles, it will likely also be available on PC.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

I'm sick of remasters. I want new IP's not cash grabs.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

2 new IPs launched this week that were highly reviewed so..ok then. Is there anything announced people on this forum don't get angry over related to Genesis stuff? (even if vaguely)

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Eazy's Avatar

I have these games already... they are super common. Really wasn't alladin the highest selling genesis game other than sonic?

New features include the ability to fast-forward and rewind to jump to any part of the game, as well as have the game itself take over to show the player how to clear the stage.
    Oh. Do they come with diapers too?
    A very wise Mighty Pirate™ once said: "Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."

So that's why they were removed from Steam and GOG. Thanks for sharing!

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent Gryson's Avatar

And this is why the games weren't included on the Genesis Mini.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent Gryson's Avatar

Also, it's hard to believe the number of people who are freaking out on the internet because this does not include the "superior" SNES version of Aladdin.

Good luck trying to get them to understand that they were developed by different companies...

P.S. I always preferred the version of Aladdin where he runs around slaughtering the guards with a sword.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    And this is why the games weren't included on the Genesis Mini.
    Yes I thought that this must have been the reason for at least one of them not being on the mini. The absence of Aladdin was especially odd considering that it was one of the biggest selling Mega Drive games ever, and considering the fact that Sega had already cleared the rights with Disney to include World of Illusion and Castle of Illusion on the mini, but now it makes sense.

Its a nice pack, including all different versions of each game.

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Ah ok, so they are doing the SNK 40th collection where you can just watch it like a video or jump in at any point. Also, that is a lot of versions. I'd be curious to try them all. I'm now interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    Also, it's hard to believe the number of people who are freaking out on the internet because this does not include the "superior" SNES version of Aladdin.
    Nintendo fanboys can it get any worse.
    Anyone who thinks the Snes version of Aladdin needs help, the MD version looked and played better. Sad they're not on the Mini, but it's still nice they're coming out
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Then call for help and call me a fanboy. Always prefered the SNES version. Like both tho.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

To be honest the SNES version of Aladdin, programmed by Shinji Mikami of Capcom (who later went on to make Resident Evil), is so different to the Mega Drive version of Aladdin by Virgin Interactive that I don't really think they can even be fairly compared. The only thing they both share, besides the title, is the fact that they're both action platformers, but the way they both play and feel is very different. I love the Disney animation, music and the sword wielding gameplay of the Mega Drive version, and it's the one I played and loved as a kid, so that's the version for me personally. As great as Mega Drive Aladdin is I really don't see why any die hard Sega fan would be offended by somebody preferring the SNES game, simply because it's such a departure in terms of gameplay that it's a bit like comparing a Sonic game to something like Rocket Knight Adventure.

They should skip the oficial Nes version and goes for the bootleg because it looks and plays better:

Thread Information