Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 32X current prices

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Virtua Hunter's Avatar

32X 32X current prices

Hello

For years (well decades) I tried to get a 32X but always had very bad luck for one reason or another.
    As time goes by, I think 32X will remain a chimera in my collection, as prices are totally out of conntrol now.

The machine alone reach easily $300, same for games such as Chaotix especially in Europe (despite some snobs online always says the addon and games sucks).

Do you think this trend will reverse in future, and prices will return to "normal", or it will be only worse in future?

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

A quick check on ebay.ca shows lots of 32X + Genesis + Sega-CD + games lots for more like <$200 USD. I also saw CIB 32Xs for less.

Maybe you're spelling it wrong?

Here's a tested 32X + Genesis + games and extras for $135 BIN:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sega-genesis...c7nIE&LH_BIN=1
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua Hunter View Post
    The machine alone reach easily $300, same for games such as Chaotix especially in Europe (despite some snobs online always says the addon and games sucks).
    Pretty sure some boxed ones went for that money here in Australia. Happy to have a look around for you if there's any benefit to you.

I've shipped a few AUS consoles out to Europe (France, Germany, UK etc) before.
    Looking for a PAL disc only of Marko's Magic Football if you want to sell me one.

Quote Originally Posted by sashadarko View Post
    Hey, moustache fuck, if you still read this very thread. You're ARE speedy speedy Sonic, right?.

Are you European? Because I can't say much regarding the 32x in any places except the United States. As of now, they go for on average on eBay, slightly under 120 dollars, which includes the shipping. Some with the Genesis itself and maybe some games, some on its own.

Yes this affects more Europe.
    In US prices seems more decent, even if they are on the rise (some years ago you could get a US 32X for $60-80).

Last year I missed the chance to get two complete 32X in Europe for around $85 (a realistic price), in both cases before confirming the payment, both ebay sellers doubled the prices, hope it wasn't my last chance
    Now in 2019 it's rare to find a euro 32X at $160.

If only ebay sellers were less greedy...
    But is there a real reason on why 32X prices of console and games got at this level in just a couple of years? Nintendo fans, comics collectors or others has joined the sega retro market?

AKA Mister Xiado WCPO Agent Raijin Z's Avatar

E-celebs whipping up the collectors into a frenzy. There's pretty much nothing in my collection that I would buy again, given today's prices. Most of what I got, I got when it was considered worthless. I bought it because I was interested in the technology and the effort that went into it. Especially irritating is that my boxed 32X was TWO DOLLARS at a flea market. I would never buy another if mine up and died.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua Hunter View Post
    But is there a real reason on why 32X prices of console and games got at this level in just a couple of years? Nintendo fans, comics collectors or others has joined the sega retro market?
    I recall ~7-8 years ago that the prices for Sega in Australia were generally higher than they are now. Lots of games lost half their value. Things go up and down and its rather unpredictable really.

N64 went through a massive price hike, has crashed back down a fair bit but still maintains a decent plateaued value.

There's a lot of overpriced stuff too, so trying to find something for a decent price is a problem. I'm looking for 6 more games on N64 to complete the PAL set, and about 20 games on MegaCD... prices make me cringe more often than not.
    Looking for a PAL disc only of Marko's Magic Football if you want to sell me one.

Hey, moustache fuck, if you still read this very thread. You're ARE speedy speedy Sonic, right?.

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    E-celebs whipping up the collectors into a frenzy. There's pretty much nothing in my collection that I would buy again, given today's prices. Most of what I got, I got when it was considered worthless. I bought it because I was interested in the technology and the effort that went into it. Especially irritating is that my boxed 32X was TWO DOLLARS at a flea market. I would never buy another if mine up and died.
    I can understand youtubers and e-celebs that are the main culprits for generating this frenzy, but I don't understand how this happen when the same snobs on youtube costantly trash the 32X and its games.
    It's still considered worthless and you would expect that prices would be pretty low, instead 32X prices continue to go higher.

I have my idea that probably 32X, due to the low numbers of titles available, is a perfect entry system for new collectors...

Quote Originally Posted by shifted View Post
    I recall ~7-8 years ago that the prices for Sega in Australia were generally higher than they are now. Lots of games lost half their value. Things go up and down and its rather unpredictable really.

N64 went through a massive price hike, has crashed back down a fair bit but still maintains a decent plateaued value.

There's a lot of overpriced stuff too, so trying to find something for a decent price is a problem. I'm looking for 6 more games on N64 to complete the PAL set, and about 20 games on MegaCD... prices make me cringe more often than not.
    I see in Australia 32X prices are now similar to Europe, last time I see one complete 32X for about AU$450 (around US$300), unfortunately ebay has a global effect.
    I'll try to check more often Australia to see if prices go down, in Europe and Japan i think it's a lost cause now.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

A good economy has people spending a bit more freely, but I really think the rise of the 32X prices probably has more people just looking for it as a nice addition to their 16 bit setup. With an everdrive all you need is the 32x to play any game in the library now, making them a bit more worthwhile cost wise in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Do you have TP??? Raging in the Streets Cornholio857's Avatar

Glad I got my boxed 32X, CIB Knuckles Chaotix and other CIB 32X games when they were new.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Import? Converting a 32x between NTSC and PAL is a very simple solder job, you can even put in a switch. For the power brick, you don't want to use bricks that old anyway.

Nameless One

Just missed a complete one for AUD $180 in bidding, I forgot it was finishing.

Just missed a complete one for AUD $180 in bidding, I forgot it was finishing.
    That could've been a sweet price.

Nameless One

As far as I can tell, pal 32x has always been (or at least has been for the 10 last years) a hardcore collector niche because of the scarcity of what I call the double holy 3s (darxide primal rage and t-mek on one hand, chaotix pack virtua fighter pack and motocross pack on the other hand)
    Any collector of any system that is around in europe and likes to show off on the internet goes for the pal 32x fullset making prices rising and rising and rising.

Last week, there's even some random guy who spent 450 on a facebook group for a hand made box for sorting the pal 32x set (nice work but 450, common ). I had never heard about the dude before last year when he started the 32x pal fullset. Which he finished in like 8 months.
    Guardiana, the Megadrive Musem.
    Come and join us at http://www.guardiana.net !

To me the completionist is just as much the problem. When people are trying to collect full sets for their OCD reasons others will dangle carrots in front of them.

In the end if they want a complete set even if it means owning shitty games they know are shitty and will never play, they still take the carrot.

At the same time this is what Pat the Nes punk calls storing wealth containers, in which case you're playing a game of hot potato with a intrinsic market that can go up or crash. The way the industry is going I see a lot of hype and artificial inflation so my guess is crash.

To me I can't fathom people who build whole collection sets in just a matter of a few months or years. It's a example of the hobby going mainstream. It's really just disposable income and the fastest way to collecting burnout and regretful purchases. I mean if you're John Hancock that has a good career and probably collecting 30 years to get to where he is.
    Last edited by needler420; 09-10-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Thread Information