Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 32X current prices

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Have you guys seen how much a PAL copy of Knuckles Chaotix goes for on Ebay currently?! It's beyond insane.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Virtua Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Have you guys seen how much a PAL copy of Knuckles Chaotix goes for on Ebay currently?! It's beyond insane.
    exactly
    and worst of all, people still trash the game.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker SegaDreamcast's Avatar

The prices are only going to increase from here on out, raising the bar for entry for new collectors. The perceived rarity of a title being a major factor. All the picture perfect reproductions going around for every system lately is also going to make it difficult to figure out what's original or not. If you're a collector, you probably don't want to open up a cart just to see if it's legit. Instantly lowers its value. Wrote about this issue for the Neo-Geo market: https://livegamedeals.com/2019/09/04/if-snk-rereleased-neo-geo-carts-would-aes-market-plummet/

I sold my CIB copy of Spiderman for 32x about 10 years back for $300 or so, and thought that was a lot of money. I see someone wants $1700 for a CIB copy, and another person wants $1900 for a majority CIB 32x collection. What I don't understand is who is actually paying these prices in the age of emulation, and I never will. Get a Genesis Mini and wait for the Project Lunar mod to come out and you'll have upscaled games that look great compared to connecting stuff through RF switch and composite cables in 2019. And it's not like most of the games were even that fun on the 32x.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

It supports RGB natively, no? And here in euro-land every TV has scart with rgb support.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Virtua Hunter's Avatar

I'd like to know when everything started.
    32X always had bad reputation, it was always hard to find (at least in my zone), but it was always cheap because no one wanted it, so there was never the fear of missing out.
    Then suddenly the prices skyrockets.

The theory that comic books fans or some other wealthy collectors entered the videogame collecting seems every day more realistic.

Now that we are near Xmas it's a totally no-go for retrogaming so I don't even try, hope this bubble will end soon, but I know it's wishful thinking.

Thread Information