Quantcast

Thread: Majesco Game Gear needs recap?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Virtua Hunter's Avatar

Default Majesco Game Gear needs recap?

Hello

Since I have to get a new Game Gear, I'm looking around to all the options available.
    During the years I read about the Game Gear from Majesco, some people said that it had a better screen and better capacitors.

Can you confirm these two statements?
    And if it's true, does it need new capacitors like the original GG?

Thank you

Wildside Expert

I have a Majesco GG, and I've had many over the past few years. I've never come across one that needed new capacitors. Every one I've had has worked perfectly.

As far as the screen goes, the Majesco screen is better because it has a faster refresh rate. Because of this, there is a noticeable reduction in motion blur on the Majesco screen compared to the older Sega models.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Virtua Hunter's Avatar

So it is true after all, thanks for the confirmation.
    Ill try to get a Majesco unit if I find one at decent price.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Yeah, I've heard the same with GG caps but at this point if I got a Majesco unit I'd probably recap it all the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Mastering your Systems Shining Hero TmEE's Avatar

They are newer but still have shit capacitors and a recap is eventually necessary, the sooner it is done the better.
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

The Best Genesis Master of Shinobi GohanX's Avatar

Yeah, the Majesco ones are less likely to need capacitors, but they still go out. I have one that I bought new back in the day that needs the recap done on it now. Remember, most capacitors have an expected life of 20 years, so everything is going to need caps sooner or later.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder
    Recently I sold the majority of my 32X games for a measly 18 bucks. With it, I bought some tacos. Definitely a more pleasing choice.

Thread Information