Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone capable of making MD+ games for the Mega SD?

Default Anyone capable of making MD+ games for the Mega SD?

In case you didn't know, the Mega SD allows for MSU1-style replacing of cartridge audio with .WAV audio. It's certainly beyond my capabilities though, but is there anyone who frequents Sega-16 that can do this? Here are Terraonion's docs - https://downloads.terraonion.com/pub...DEV_Manual.pdf

There is some dude working on Moonwalker but he's waiting for MAME to be updated for some reason. Not sure what that has to do with anything. Maybe someone else can do it in the mean time?
    Last edited by Joe Redifer; 09-09-2019 at 10:13 AM.

OK I'm working on Strider. Almost done. I'll post a link later today if anyone's interested.

This is like the mode 1? In the Mode 1 the game was modded to detect the SEGA CD, if the accesory is connected, insteaded of the FM+PSG+PCM music, the game play tracks from the CD (.cue + .wav if its an emulator like Kega Fusion).

Mode 1 hacks that i know that exist:

-Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
    -Rock and Roll Racing v16 hack detect the SEGA CD and plays all the CD tracks in order.
    -Sonic 1 Redbook
    -Top Gear II
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LinkueiBR View Post
    This is like the mode 1? In the Mode 1 the game was modded to detect the SEGA CD, if the accesory is connected, insteaded of the FM+PSG+PCM music, the game play tracks from the CD (.cue + .wav if its an emulator like Kega Fusion).
    People have been talking about this like it's something new, but yeah, I assumed it was just mode 1.

Like Assman says, nobody cares. At least not here at Sega-16. Anyway just in case someone does, here's Strider.

http://www.gamesack.net/StriderMDPLUS.zip

EDIT: So I just checked, this is not exactly Mode 1. If it were, I'd be able to load the ROM on an Everdrive and put a CD burned from the CUE sheet into the Sega CD. I did this. Doesn't work that way. Strider just plays without music.
    Last edited by Joe Redifer; 09-09-2019 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    Like Assman says, nobody cares. At least not here at Sega-16. Anyway just in case someone does, here's Strider.

http://www.gamesack.net/StriderMDPLUS.zip

EDIT: So I just checked, this is not exactly Mode 1. If it were, I'd be able to load the ROM on an Everdrive and put a CD burned from the CUE sheet into the Sega CD. I did this. Doesn't work that way. Strider just plays without music.
    Nice Work Joe i will gonna check it, SSF2 / Slammasters / AOF / Samurai Shodown / SOTB are good candidantes to receive a patch.

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Shadow of the Beast definitely! Coury from My Life and Gaming and I are gonna team up and tackle Ys 3 next. Gonna use the Felghana soundtrack.

Ys 3 is also one that could use a color enhancement.

In case you didn't know, the Mega SD allows for MSU1-style replacing of cartridge audio with .WAV audio. It's certainly beyond my capabilities though, but is there anyone who frequents Sega-16 that can do this? Here are Terraonion's docs - https://downloads.terraonion.com/pub...DEV_Manual.pdf

There is some dude working on Moonwalker but he's waiting for MAME to be updated for some reason. Not sure what that has to do with anything. Maybe someone else can do it in the mean time?
    Sounds like he plans to use the arcade music vs actual tracks...

Hero of Algol

Well, I don't have access to a Mega SD and probably won't have for a long time, but here's something that may be interesting to try out with its MD+ feature:
    https://forums.sonicretro.org/index....2/#post-766022

Regarding dual YM2612:
    - Cool Spot's GEMS composition playback extra instruments when using a dual YM2612 setup.
    - ValleyBell's GemsPlay (first link) allows you to reproduce it using such setup.
    - I assume it's possible to record its OST using the virtual dual YM2612 setup and them use it with the game through MD+.
    - I wonder if other Tallarico's compositions from other games or other GEMS games in general could benefit as well.
    - For a list of games using GEMS, see here: http://gdri.smspower.org/wiki/index....nd_Engine_List.

Some other good candidates (some or most would require remaking the tracks):
    Pirates! Gold - CD32?
    Might & Magic II: Gates to Another World
    Double Dragon - Arranged or Neon
    Phantom 2040
    Road Rash 3 - Some good remixes on YT
    Prince of Persia 2 - MT-32
    Desert Demolition
    NewZealand Story
    Zero Tolerance
    King's Bounty

Pepenga Pengo
    ​Scooby Doo Mystery
    X-Men
    Beavis & Butthead
    On a wave of mutilation

https://minirevver.weebly.com/

Well Ys 3 is mostly done. It works, but it's buggy. There are some parts late into the game where the Genesis music plays instead, and another where both Genesis and WAV music play simultaneously. I don't wanna keep bugging Neodev to revise the patch. Ys 3 just is very very weird in how it handles its music. Its sound test is different then how it calls for the tracks in game, so shit doesn't work right. Might can it.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

I would like to warmly thank you for the work you are doing or producing, it is very important for me and my friends, and please consider making Super Street Fighter 2 with the 2 turbo 3DO track, you would save one of your favorite games. of my childhood.

Well Ys 3 is mostly done. It works, but it's buggy. There are some parts late into the game where the Genesis music plays instead, and another where both Genesis and WAV music play simultaneously. I don't wanna keep bugging Neodev to revise the patch. Ys 3 just is very very weird in how it handles its music. Its sound test is different then how it calls for the tracks in game, so shit doesn't work right. Might can it.

The Turrican trilogy is also a good candidate for this, thanks to the epic sounding Turrican Soundtrack Anthology. Especially the first two games would be much improved this way, compared to the already fine sounding Mega Turrican, but that one would be great too.

Yeah, Turrican II on the Mega Drive is Universal Soldier and so, but even that way, it would benefit a lot of this type of hack. In fact, I have been some time trying to restore the Mega Drive version into Turrican II but couldn't fully achieve it due to the graphics compression used, so I would also be glad to get some help with this.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

I think a few natural candidates for MD+ and especially Mode 1 are the games featured in the Sega Tunes collection:
    X-men 2
    Comix Zone
    Toejam & Earl 2
    Vectorman
    And to a much lesser extent Virtual Sonic, cause it's a compilation of different Sonic games.

L-385825-1516780935-8102.jpeg.jpg

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

I thought I'd just chime in to let you know that there are more people interested in this! Sadly, I don't have the knowledge to make these patches, though I wish I did.

Also, I figure you already know this, but people over at zeldix have taken interest in this as well and I expect things to happen there eventually. It's a shame that probably the current price and what seems to be a lack of current support for this in most common emulators, makes it difficult to reach a broader audience. To my knowledge this will be supported in some emulators and currently it seems Regen is able to emulate this.

By the way, I was wondering if anyone knows if this is possible to patch in in 32x games? Sure there aren't many games to choose from, but added sound enhancements wouldn't hurt these games.

Also, I won't post any game requests as I'm pretty sure most people capable of doing this already have enough games they want this added into themselves.

Thread Information