Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone capable of making MD+ games for the Mega SD?

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    It wouldn't be that great since the CD only includes 6 tunes while the game has over a dozen.
    Only half great then. Didn't think of that!

Master of Shinobi

well, the PC version of the game played those tracks, so perhaps they could be used as a reference on track order as such? Unless they did something silly like just playing all tracks nonstop.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Well after waiting to get approved finally. I've had an idea recently to make some soundtracks for this, but I dont' own a MegaSD to test and I also don't know anything about programming. (Only music)
    I made this quick demo for Phantasy Star II in a few days to get the basic blocking of the song programming without anything else out to get an idea of the kind of late 80s/early 90s space-y sounding synths while retaining some of the FM sounds.
    (Korg M1, Yamaha DX7, Korg Wavestation, Emulation of a Roland Juno and Simmons drum synth and the bell instrument patch from the same song on real hardware. Also will probably add in some guitars here and there too)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AU-...tv5AaQSyp/view

I tried not to listen to the awesome arranged old soundtrack releases for inspiration but I did listen to it a little recently and maybe i'll incorporate elements of that as well.

If anyone would be interested in seeing this for the whole game and if anyone could potentially implement it in game for me.(Also this game seems to reset the songs back to the start when going in and out of battle. Is there a way around that either?) Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BONKERS View Post
    Well after waiting to get approved finally. I've had an idea recently to make some soundtracks for this, but I dont' own a MegaSD to test and I also don't know anything about programming. (Only music)
    I made this quick demo for Phantasy Star II in a few days to get the basic blocking of the song programming without anything else out to get an idea of the kind of late 80s/early 90s space-y sounding synths while retaining some of the FM sounds.
    (Korg M1, Yamaha DX7, Korg Wavestation, Emulation of a Roland Juno and Simmons drum synth and the bell instrument patch from the same song on real hardware. Also will probably add in some guitars here and there too)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AU-...tv5AaQSyp/view

I tried not to listen to the awesome arranged old soundtrack releases for inspiration but I did listen to it a little recently and maybe i'll incorporate elements of that as well.

If anyone would be interested in seeing this for the whole game and if anyone could potentially implement it in game for me.(Also this game seems to reset the songs back to the start when going in and out of battle. Is there a way around that either?) Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
    I can only say that this sounds FRICKIN' AMAZING! Would love to hear the rest of the soundtrack redone.

Thanks for the kind words.

Here's an updated WIP of the same song. Most of the sequencing has been expanded. Mixing is still basic and reverb disabled.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B24...Ms1U-TMwj/view

Hey Bonkers that sounds fantastic so far!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    Hey Bonkers that sounds fantastic so far!
    Joe to any projects going on?
    Does Super Street Fighter have any plans?

Thread Information