Quantcast

Thread: An easy request to Sega.

Genesis An easy request to Sega.

I'm sure there's a few people here that could have a more direct access to someone within Sega that could help to make this happen, or at least garner enough traction through exposure to let Sega know that we the fans want it.

It's a pretty simple request: Patch compatibility with the new Genesis Mini USB controllers into the Sega Genesis Classics Collection and into Sonic Mania for current consoles (PC doesn't count since it's trivial to make it compatible due to the nature of the PC platform).

Any ideas on how we can ask for this simple feature on an official and more direct manner? The investment for this seems trivial from Sega's perspective so I don't see why it couldn't happen if enough people ask nicely, and they have been pretty cool with the community and fans in recent years.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Jadty View Post
    I'm sure there's a few people here that could have a more direct access to someone within Sega that could help to make this happen, or at least garner enough traction through exposure to let Sega know that we the fans want it.

It's a pretty simple request: Patch compatibility with the new Genesis Mini USB controllers into the Sega Genesis Classics Collection and into Sonic Mania for current consoles (PC doesn't count since it's trivial to make it compatible due to the nature of the PC platform).

Any ideas on how we can ask for this simple feature on an official and more direct manner? The investment for this seems trivial from Sega's perspective so I don't see why it couldn't happen if enough people ask nicely, and they have been pretty cool with the community and fans in recent years.
    I could be wrong since I only own the controllers and not a current gen console but isn't that already doable on the Switch?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

While they're at it they could try and fix the horrible input lag on the Sega Mega Drive Classics Collection.

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    I could be wrong since I only own the controllers and not a current gen console but isn't that already doable on the Switch?
    It needs a driver to be patched on a per game basis. There is a precedent of this being done with Skullgirls and Street Fighter V on current consoles so they could use last gen sticks.

Thread Information