Quantcast

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 103

Thread: Demons of Asteborg: new platformer on Kickstarter!

  1. #31
    Outrunner EPSYLON EAGLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    662
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Xeno Crisis had some Genesis demo playable available?

  2. #32
    Hero of Algol
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,703
    Rep Power
    174

    Default

    No, but they had pretty much everything else that I listed: large professional experience with game development, many commercial releases among its team members, previous experience with the hardware, etc, etc, etc.

    By the way, according to stika's twitter the ROM version he received doesn't have sound.
    I'd also warn that Kega Fusion is no guarantee of real hardware compatibility and its performance is misleading (roughly comparable to a MD overclocked to 9 MHz).

  3. #33
    Raging in the Streets Sik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,554
    Rep Power
    64

    Default

    Yeah but Fusion also does emulate at least some of the worst offenders (e.g. DMA with length zero), although it's missing address error. The problem is that the better emulators don't come with built-in video recording so that probably isn't convenient for him :​P (maybe I should tell him to try the ROM in BlastEm, that's bound to catch nearly everything).

  4. #34
    Outrunner stika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    610
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Okay folks, here's the game running on Blast'em. Was surprised to discover it DOES have audio. https://twitter.com/St1ka/status/1178751874410979329

    Fusion didn't emulate any audio
    Please check out my YouTube channel

  5. #35
    WCPO Agent
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    755
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    I think it looks good for an alpha build. Basically a clone of Ghouls 'n Ghosts but seems to run pretty smoothly. I would rather see a change in art style because the main character is literally faceless and bland, but maybe that is part of the story.

  6. #36
    Outrunner stika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    610
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    little addendum: Fusion DID emulate the audio. I had it turned off. I usually turn off the emulator's audio when recording and forgot about it.

    whoops >.>
    Please check out my YouTube channel

  7. #37
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Jensen Beach, Florida
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Well, this thread was a buzzkill

  8. #38
    Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,273
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    I was going to mention that it looked like it had a Ghouls n' Ghosts sort of pace to is. I like that. I don't really think this is a buzzkill at all. Team has more to show than a lot of kickstarters do. That being said, I'd like to see how this shakes out. I'm always excited to see new software for old hardware, so I'm hoping they'll be able to continue their development of this game.

  9. #39
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Jensen Beach, Florida
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    I was going to mention that it looked like it had a Ghouls n' Ghosts sort of pace to is. I like that. I don't really think this is a buzzkill at all. Team has more to show than a lot of kickstarters do. That being said, I'd like to see how this shakes out. I'm always excited to see new software for old hardware, so I'm hoping they'll be able to continue their development of this game.
    Well, when I said buzzkill I meant that I saw the trailer and Kickstarter, got excited, backed it, then came here. And the usual suspects that like to complain about everything just ripped it to shreds. Some of the complaints are valid to be sure. But after listening to St1ka's interview I think they are genuine and want to release a good game. There is a playable demo/ROM too and what I've heard from the music sounds great. I think the graphics look pretty good for basically an Alpha build game. A bit more detail perhaps by release, but seriously, what do people expect? Not everyone is blessed with the time to be able to just develop a new game by themselves and need to turn to crowd funding. They've offered enough to convince me they are serious, let's help them along to the finish line instead of bashing everything as per usual in this forum.

  10. #40
    Raging in the Streets Sik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,554
    Rep Power
    64

    Default

    I think the problem is more that the project is still too green at this point (they really could have been better off waiting until they were ready for a public demo, not say that they'll do it at a later day).

  11. #41
    Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,273
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Yeah, I'd like this to pan out. It is always good if successful indi-dev happens. It just provides potentially successful alternatives for future devs. I might need to fund this one, it looks like something I'd really enjoy.

  12. #42
    Wildside Expert paulojr_mam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    After watching St1ka's video, I think this project looks really good. Too good even, is there confirmation this demo actually works in an everdrive and real hardware?
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

  13. #43
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker StandardDeluxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I was all ready to back this, then I saw the shipping cost to the UK...

  14. #44
    Nameless One
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AggroSky View Post
    Well, when I said buzzkill I meant that I saw the trailer and Kickstarter, got excited, backed it, then came here. And the usual suspects that like to complain about everything just ripped it to shreds. Some of the complaints are valid to be sure. But after listening to St1ka's interview I think they are genuine and want to release a good game. There is a playable demo/ROM too and what I've heard from the music sounds great. I think the graphics look pretty good for basically an Alpha build game. A bit more detail perhaps by release, but seriously, what do people expect? Not everyone is blessed with the time to be able to just develop a new game by themselves and need to turn to crowd funding. They've offered enough to convince me they are serious, let's help them along to the finish line instead of bashing everything as per usual in this forum.
    Backed it, looking forward to seeing where it goes.
    Looking for a PAL disc only of Mega CD Marko's Magic Football if you want to sell me one.

    Quote Originally Posted by sashadarko View Post
    Hey, moustache fuck, if you still read this very thread. You're ARE speedy speedy Sonic, right?.

  15. #45
    Raging in the Streets Sik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,554
    Rep Power
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StandardDeluxe View Post
    I was all ready to back this, then I saw the shipping cost to the UK...
    Sadly the shipping situation looks to be going to get worse in the future (it seems shipping fares have been escalating lately, I swear).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •