Quantcast

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Demons of Asteborg: new platformer on Kickstarter!

Xeno Crisis had some Genesis demo playable available?

Hero of Algol

No, but they had pretty much everything else that I listed: large professional experience with game development, many commercial releases among its team members, previous experience with the hardware, etc, etc, etc.

By the way, according to stika's twitter the ROM version he received doesn't have sound.
    I'd also warn that Kega Fusion is no guarantee of real hardware compatibility and its performance is misleading (roughly comparable to a MD overclocked to 9 MHz).

Yeah but Fusion also does emulate at least some of the worst offenders (e.g. DMA with length zero), although it's missing address error. The problem is that the better emulators don't come with built-in video recording so that probably isn't convenient for him :​P (maybe I should tell him to try the ROM in BlastEm, that's bound to catch nearly everything).

Okay folks, here's the game running on Blast'em. Was surprised to discover it DOES have audio. https://twitter.com/St1ka/status/1178751874410979329

Fusion didn't emulate any audio
    Please check out my YouTube channel

WCPO Agent

I think it looks good for an alpha build. Basically a clone of Ghouls 'n Ghosts but seems to run pretty smoothly. I would rather see a change in art style because the main character is literally faceless and bland, but maybe that is part of the story.

little addendum: Fusion DID emulate the audio. I had it turned off. I usually turn off the emulator's audio when recording and forgot about it.

whoops >.>
    Please check out my YouTube channel

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar

Well, this thread was a buzzkill

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

I was going to mention that it looked like it had a Ghouls n' Ghosts sort of pace to is. I like that. I don't really think this is a buzzkill at all. Team has more to show than a lot of kickstarters do. That being said, I'd like to see how this shakes out. I'm always excited to see new software for old hardware, so I'm hoping they'll be able to continue their development of this game.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    I was going to mention that it looked like it had a Ghouls n' Ghosts sort of pace to is. I like that. I don't really think this is a buzzkill at all. Team has more to show than a lot of kickstarters do. That being said, I'd like to see how this shakes out. I'm always excited to see new software for old hardware, so I'm hoping they'll be able to continue their development of this game.
    Well, when I said buzzkill I meant that I saw the trailer and Kickstarter, got excited, backed it, then came here. And the usual suspects that like to complain about everything just ripped it to shreds. Some of the complaints are valid to be sure. But after listening to St1ka's interview I think they are genuine and want to release a good game. There is a playable demo/ROM too and what I've heard from the music sounds great. I think the graphics look pretty good for basically an Alpha build game. A bit more detail perhaps by release, but seriously, what do people expect? Not everyone is blessed with the time to be able to just develop a new game by themselves and need to turn to crowd funding. They've offered enough to convince me they are serious, let's help them along to the finish line instead of bashing everything as per usual in this forum.

I think the problem is more that the project is still too green at this point (they really could have been better off waiting until they were ready for a public demo, not say that they'll do it at a later day).

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Yeah, I'd like this to pan out. It is always good if successful indi-dev happens. It just provides potentially successful alternatives for future devs. I might need to fund this one, it looks like something I'd really enjoy.

After watching St1ka's video, I think this project looks really good. Too good even, is there confirmation this demo actually works in an everdrive and real hardware?
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker StandardDeluxe's Avatar

I was all ready to back this, then I saw the shipping cost to the UK...

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by AggroSky View Post
    Well, when I said buzzkill I meant that I saw the trailer and Kickstarter, got excited, backed it, then came here. And the usual suspects that like to complain about everything just ripped it to shreds. Some of the complaints are valid to be sure. But after listening to St1ka's interview I think they are genuine and want to release a good game. There is a playable demo/ROM too and what I've heard from the music sounds great. I think the graphics look pretty good for basically an Alpha build game. A bit more detail perhaps by release, but seriously, what do people expect? Not everyone is blessed with the time to be able to just develop a new game by themselves and need to turn to crowd funding. They've offered enough to convince me they are serious, let's help them along to the finish line instead of bashing everything as per usual in this forum.
    Backed it, looking forward to seeing where it goes.
    Looking for a PAL disc only of Mega CD Marko's Magic Football if you want to sell me one.

Quote Originally Posted by sashadarko View Post
    Hey, moustache fuck, if you still read this very thread. You're ARE speedy speedy Sonic, right?.

Quote Originally Posted by StandardDeluxe View Post
    I was all ready to back this, then I saw the shipping cost to the UK...
    Sadly the shipping situation looks to be going to get worse in the future (it seems shipping fares have been escalating lately, I swear).

Thread Information