Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FC3 Plus / TCT-6035 Genesis Controller Mod

Nameless One

. . . I'll be honest it did not occur to me to test if the cic was locking out games. I can test that tomorrow, but since you're asking I'm assuming it doesnt actually work by dropping in a cic chip?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker rideordie71's Avatar

An official CIC does work (mostly, I think timing is off for clone consoles) but on V2 you have to cut a trace and apply correct jumpers. I don't have a V1 FC16 Go but from the "theoretical" information (from Ace) on adding official CIC you have to apply correct jumpers and add a capacitor.

I'll dig mine up and snap some pictures for jumpers and trace.
    I say mostly because it works intermittently. Most of the time I had the power off my FC16 Go and power on within 2 seconds to boot an SA1 game. I think it is a timing issue with official CIC and that may be one of the reasons it wasn't implemented (aside from having legal issues with using an official Nintendo chip).

The clone CIC circuit that I use does not have this anomaly- it will boot SA1 game 100% of the time as long as the battery has a good charge or console is powered by ac adapter.

I was wrong about both of FC3 consoles being the same chip. One of them is a tct-6801. I think for that one I referred to my Super Retro Trio console for genesis controller pinout.
    https://imgur.com/btig8Gf
    https://imgur.com/KU8mc6a
    Last edited by rideordie71; 10-13-2019 at 04:36 PM.

https://imgur.com/irFzerT
    Jumpers= yellow
    Cut trace= orange
    This is settings for V2 motherboard of FC16 Go to add d411 CIC and my circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by rideordie71 View Post
    Cloned CIC.
    Um... I haven't publicly released the CIC code (still wrestling those details in my head to keep it secret since it works whereas the SnesCic and SuperCic code doesn't work on clones) (I am using a PIC microcontroller).
    The traces to cut on clone motherboard and where to attach the CIC pins will eventually be released.
    I'm afraid you are a little too late, the cloned CIC has been around since, well, basically the cloned SNES hardware has been around There's no real secret about it.

Also it works just fine, many of the earlier SNES clones even have traces for it. I myself have a couple of them that I have successfully installed the needed IC's including the super CIC and volia! works perfectly. And here I was hoping you came out with a new technic but apparently not

My units....

I am working on a board I may want to sell but will probably make it a glop top with read protection if I decide to keep it a secret. I know that many reading this will think that is unfair but I have invested MANY hours in figuring this out and upwards of $200 of trial on many clone systems.
    Seriously?...
    Last edited by Segaedge; 10-13-2019 at 11:03 PM.

Oh... I have found that I haven't done my homework well enough in knowing of other clone consoles with CIC and clone CIC. I'll just fade out of this thead and try not to feel any more stupid about it.
    I had thought that I was onto something with being able to add SA1 compatibility on my Retron 3.
    Sorry for the hype and then the letdown.

Oh... I have found that I haven't done my homework well enough in knowing of other clone consoles with CIC and clone CIC. I'll just fade out of this thead and try not to feel any more stupid about it.
    I had thought that I was onto something with being able to add SA1 compatibility on my Retron 3.
    Sorry for the hype and then the letdown.
    No worries man. The real issue is the lack of documentation I guess. Most people don't seem to care about the cloned hardware. I'm a big fan and I'm sure you are too.

Goodtofufriday,
    I am sorry that I populated this thread that you started, with all of my messages that I find now have no merit here. You made this thread to show off your accomplishment of getting controller pinouts. Awesome! I think that you did great work at achieving that.
    I had no intention of doing that to you and it isn't until now that I realise that I butt in.
    I am sorry.

Thread Information