Quantcast

Thread: GG Adapter for Mega SG release date?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert StuOhQ's Avatar

Genesis GG Adapter for Mega SG release date?

Have I completely missed an announcement, or are we legitimately being ignored on the adapter front by Analogue? I was under the impression that the Game Gear adapter was set to release shortly after the console. They seem to be pouring all of their efforts into the DAC (which does look slick), and I'm worried this project is being put on an indefinite back-burner.

Retro Tech Select - YouTube channel covering throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."
    Newest Video: Playstation Salvation? HD Retrovision PS2/PS3 Component Cable

Quote Originally Posted by StuOhQ View Post
    Have I completely missed an announcement, or are we legitimately being ignored on the adapter front by Analogue? I was under the impression that the Game Gear adapter was set to release shortly after the console. They seem to be pouring all of their efforts into the DAC (which does look slick), and I'm worried this project is being put on an indefinite back-burner.
    Coincidentally I was just wondering about this a few nights ago. I did a bit of searching and indeed there are no updates at all. On Analogue's site they still have it mentioned as coming in 2018.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert StuOhQ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zz Badnusty View Post
    Coincidentally I was just wondering about this a few nights ago. I did a bit of searching and indeed there are no updates at all. On Analogue's site they still have it mentioned as coming in 2018.
    Yeah, pretty crazy. And with the Analogue Pocket having been announced, it's starting to look like they're moving on from the SG without fully delivering on the original pitch. I really hope this isn't the case because they are one of a handful of clone console makers that I have full faith in ATM.

Retro Tech Select - YouTube channel covering throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."
    Newest Video: Playstation Salvation? HD Retrovision PS2/PS3 Component Cable

Sweat

Their lack of updates stopped me dead in my tracks from ordering the Analogue Pocket.

Notice how the Analogue Pocket doesn't show any of its adapters functioning or in existence. Will years (or never) go by before the GG and Lynx adapters show up for the Analogue Pocket?

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

For anyone serious about playing Game Gear games, there are three listings on ebay for refurbed/modded systems with VGA output.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Thread Information