Quantcast

Thread: Question for experienced IDA pro users. Decompiling assemblers and c compilers.

Default Question for experienced IDA pro users. Decompiling assemblers and c compilers?

Can IDA Pro decompile assembler and c compilers pretty well? Would about translating code to "C sharp"? I'm interested in using IDA Pro for decompiling assembler compilers, and other compilers into "C sharp" program that can compile assembly and other code libraries.

Bizhawk is coded in "C sharp" so I'm assuming it's possible to do a local assembler and/or C compiler in "C sharp".

Isn't there an easy way to change an emulator into a usable compiler for a target machine? Like taking genplus gx code and converting into a usable assembler compiler?

Thanks
    Last edited by vexatious; 10-11-2019 at 08:09 PM. Reason: wrong thread title

Level 1 Blast Processor Road Rasher

I don't have an answer but dropped in to say that's uncanny timing - I spent most of my morning trying to decompile a 68K assembler to C. Scary world.

No kidding!

Was recently banned from SegaXtreme.net after posting about Microsoft's Surface RT. Supposedly for spam/botting. I remember editing the new thread many times with new links. The internet www has definitely become more hostile and a marketing tool since y2k. Hopefully it won't happen elsewhere...

I'll be updating my mini faq howto for Mars CD developers with more information after assembling 74ls612 extension ram cartridge. Some users here have already posted some interesting testing programs for diagnostics purposes which would help.

If I can get a "C sharp" program for assembling and compiling assembly for various targets it would help.

I wonder, how come most emulators don't include an option to assemble and/or compile a program and export it to a ROM format. Most of them advertise features like JIT, interpreter and dynarec so it should be the same...?
    Last edited by vexatious; 10-11-2019 at 10:19 PM.

Read close to 100 pages out of 384 of "C sharp" and it does indeed have JIT, "Common Language Runtime" and "Microsoft Intermediate Language". This book was written around "Visual Studio 6.0" so it's over a dozen years old I think.

Now I need to figure out if the eight missing references on Windows RT 8.1 affects this negatively. So far the Surface RT 2 works great and has mostly all I need. I just need a way to convert my art into 3D, animate and convert results back into 2D. Unfortunately some stuff is still missing on RT 8.1 but should be possible to impose via C sharp. Paint.net is great! Paint.net is like the VirtualDub of 2D art and image editing. Just wondering if the plugins are JIT or work on ARM.

Thread Information