Quantcast

Thread: The insane grind of Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

Default The insane grind of Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 is a lot of enjoyment to play. The phenomenal graphics, cruising Tokyo highways in pitch black night.

But this game has some of the most severe grinding ever seen in a game. Right now I'm using a low-end class A car, I can't beat any rivals because they all have much faster acceleration. I've upgraded my car almost to the limit. It seems my only option is to do 40 races against rivals I've already raced, so I can afford a high-end class A car.

So my question is, is there a good strategy to playing this game? Is there a way to avoid the insane grinding?
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Get out your credit card and pay for the time saver EXP packs then buy a card pack and you might get a good part to upgrade your car. It's random so good luck.

Oh, sorry I'm just so used to modern games I reacted without realizing you are talking about a game from 2000.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Get out your credit card and pay for the time saver EXP packs then buy a card pack and you might get a good part to upgrade your car. It's random so good luck.

Oh, sorry I'm just so used to modern games I reacted without realizing you are talking about a game from 2000.
    Haha, I kinda do wish this game was pay-to-win.

But I think I will just do the grinding. Maybe 10 races per night, and I will eventually reach 40 races.

I loved loved loved the grind of TXR2. I don't remember it that bad though, what car are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by cabear View Post
    I loved loved loved the grind of TXR2. I don't remember it that bad though, what car are you using?
    The lowest-end Class A car, it costed like $16500. Even though it has a huge amount of upgrades, I can't beat rivals because their acceleration is much faster. So the only option is to get a high-end Class A car, by getting $500 per race until I reach $20000-$30000, this means 40-60 races.

Also even though I put in maybe $70000 into the car I'm using(including the purchase price), I can only sell it for $3000.

have you messed with the gearing for acceleration? is it a turbo 4wd or rwd?

Thread Information